Chapter Thirteen- Goodbye and Goodnight

Hello, my fellow potatos. I know you guys probably hate all my A/Ns, but I wanted to thank you guys for the feedback I've been getting. I was actually planning on changing the plot completely, but it seems you guys like this one. Okay, ON WITH THE BOOK.

~~~

Today. Today I leave. I've decided it'd be best to leave during the night, while everyone is asleep, leaving me only a few more hours.

"(F/N)!"

"What is it, Nashi?"

"Remember the pictures we took in the Fall?"

"Mhmm."

"Look! I got them printed out!"

She held up several pictures, each one containing different poses we made.

"They look beautiful!"

I took them from her hands, and started looking at them. A few of them we just me and Nashi, other were just me and Natsu, and some of the three of us. Lucas was only in one, and he only agreed to taking them because I wouldnt be in it. With a sigh, I went to hand the pictures back.

"No, you keep them. I already have mine."

"Really?"

"Yep!"

She smiled, hands firmly at her sides. I couldn't take it. With one swift move, I pulled her into a hug, my hand lightly placed on her head.

"(F/N)?"

"Nashi, can you promise me something?"

"Sure."

"Don't ever forget about me."

"Of course I won't! Why are you acting so strange?"

I released her, and looked her in the eye.

"Nashi, I'm gonna give you some advice."

"What is it?"

"In life, you're going to meet many people, each one affecting you in a different way. Not all those ways are going to be good. Remember this- sometimes letting go hurts less than holding on."

She gave me a confused look, but nodded.

"Thanks for the advice."

I pulled her into another hug as I heard footsteps coming from down the hall.

"What are you two doing?"

Natsu stood there, obviously confused. With a smile, I let Nashi go, and gave him a hug too.

"Ummm, (F/N)?"

"Hmm?"

"I gotta get Nashi to bed."

With anothet sigh, I let him go.

"Right."

Nashi ran into the bedroom, and Natsu followed her in there. After tucking her in, and making sure Lucas was warm, he shut the door.

"I should probably be getting to bed too."

"Y-Yea. Goodnight Natsu."

"Night."

He yawned as he walked away, leaving me in the quiet room by myself. It was a little past ten, and I wasn't leaving until eleven. Time seemed to pass slower than I expected. My eyes continuously shifted towards the clock. Right before eleven, I decided to go pack my bag. Opening the door as quietly as possible, I looked at the two sleeping figures. Their soft snores made me smile, and I grabbed the bag I came here with out of the closet. After throwing in some clothes, and other things I walked over to Nashi's bed. After giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, I pushed the falling blankets back over her body.

"No, not that..."

"Lucas talks in his sleep?"

My voice was so quiet, I myself could barely hear it. Leaning down, I smiled right before giving him a kiss on the for head. Shutting the door behind me, I went to put my shoes on.

"(F/N)...?"

Natsu's groggy voice came from behind me.

"Y-Yea?"

"What are you doing?"

"G-Going to get milk."

"Oh. Goodnight then."

He yawned, and walked away. Tired Natsu sure is a stupid Natsu.

"Goodnight, Natsu."

With one quick move, I was outside. The cold air bit at me, but I was to bottled up in my own emotions to care. I started walking, seeing as I couldn't take Natsu's car with me. A few cars passed by, lighting up the street as they went. Just like time passed to slow earlier, time was passing quickly now. Before I knew it, the run down factory was right before me. One car was parked on the side of it, which I'm guessing is Mard's.

"Okay. You can do this (F/N)."

I made my way to the double doors, and pushed one open.

"Hello?"

My voice echoed off the walls, signaling I was alone.

"Where is-"

A bag was thrown over my head, and I was being lifted into the air.

"H-Hey! What the hell?!"

I could feel them let go of me, and I landed on something hard. The bag was removed from my head, and there sat Mard, the usual smirk on his face.

"Glad you could make it."

"What was the bag all about?!"

"Privacy purposes. You understand."

Realizing we were in a car, I sat up, and placed my bag on my lap.

"What do you want?"

"You."

"But why?"

"I have many puppets. Some powerful, some weak. Some I use for my own gain, others I use just for the fun of it. Suppose this is a chess game. I'm the king, and every goof king needs a queen by his side."

"If you're the king, I want out."

He let out a chuckle, the same one I've hated for so long.

"You never change."

"So are you still killing people for your own selfish reasons?"

He slammed on the brakes, and turned to face me with a glare.

"I am still better than you, so watch how you talk to me."

I leaned my head against the window, and rolled my eyes like a child who was just scolded by their parent.

"Yea. I forgot."