Chapter Twenty One- The Corridor

Author-senpai is back!

~~~

It was cold down here, and water dripped from the ceiling, was it raining out? I dont even know where we're at; we could be under the house for all I know. Lucas shivered under my hold, and the best I could was hold him tighter. The only light in the room was coming from a single lightbulb in the center of the room. Hours seemed to have passed now, and both Lucas and I were starving.

"H-How much longer d-do you think we'll be down h-here?"

"I'm not s-sure. They might leave us to st-starve."

He winced at my words as if being struck in the stomach. Each of us were covered in blood, especially me. Grabbing the end of my shirt, I pulled as hard as I could before hearing a ripping sound.

"W-What are you doing?"

"I'm going to clean some of the blood up from your head."

Ripping it the rest of the way, I took the cloth, and began dabbing at the side of his head. The blood was almost dried, so some of it just crumbled off, making me shudder. He winced again, making me freeze and make sure he was okay.

"Did I hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay."

I continued dabbing at his head before most of the blood was off. Pushing his hair to the side, I examined the wound. It was a small cut on the side of head, though the light was to dim for me to tell if he'd need stitches or not.

"Is it bad?"

"Nothing to really worry about. How are you feeling?"

"Lightheaded. And scared. And cold."

"I'm sorry. I can't think of anything to do."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault. That plan was to risky, but I did it anyways. Its my fault you're stuck down here."

"Yea, I guess you're right."

Sighing, I closed my eyes and fell back against the wall.

"But I agreed to the plan, and I also realized how risky it was."

"Then why'd you do it?"

"You really irritate me. But you make the rest of my family happy, so I had to come get you back. And I was willing to do whatever it took. That, and I trusted you. I still do, and I know you'll get us out of here."

I opened one of my eyes, and looked at him. He was staring down at his feet, his arms wrapped around his legs. Slowly standing up, I looked around the room for anything that would help. And that was when I seen it. A glint of light hitting something in the corner of the room.