Chapter Twenty Five- My car

Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you for all the reads and votes and amazing comments I've gotten so far. I'm very insecure about my writing but you guys definetly help :)) I appreciate it lots. I was thinking about starting a contest¿? I was thinking something along the lines of Who has the best story? If you're interested in this, message me what story of yours you'd like me to read. I'll go through it and then the top three will get a shout out? Just an idea, what do you guys think?

~~~

We stayed close to the house, ducking behind anything possible. The sound of chatter could be heard from inside as we passed a few windows, but nothing alarming. Neither of us really said anything, and I was okay with the silence. We came to the corner of the house and I poked my head around. A few people stood around but none of them looked even somewhat familiar or relatively important so we walked by, sticking close to the house and hiding our faces as best as possible. When we reached the driveway, I realized there were a lot more cars here than I thought.

"So?"

"I...I can't tell. I didn't think there'd be this many people here."

"Well what do we do?"

"We steal a car."

"We're going to steal one?!"

"Is it really considered stealing when you're the one who owned it to begin with?"

He looked confused for a moment, but went with it. We ran to the garage which was luckily rather close. Mard had an entire case full of different keys for all the cars he owned. It was always locked though. When we walked over, I looked at the lock and smiled. It didn't look like it'd be too hard to break into to. Flipping my bag open, I pulled the scissors out, and wedged them into the crack of the door. Pushing as hard as I could, I dented the door so a small hole was right behind the lock. Grabbing a hammer, I slammed it down on the locks a couple times until broke open.

"Wow."

"How do you think I got Lucas and I out of that room?"

He just looked at me, then back at the keys.

"So which ones are they?"

I scanned them over, then grabbed the silver and blue keychain with a small key hooked at the bottom. It even still had my old apartment key attached.

"Here."

"Then let's go."

I walked to the end of the garage where I knew he always kept my car. There was a large sheet over it, so I grabbed the end of it, and pulled revealing my dark blue (Car type). I couldn't help but smile. It was an amazing car, and it had been forever since I've seen it. Mard forbid me from ever driving myself anywhere, then confiscated my keys.

"I'm driving."

I hopped in, put the key in the ignition, and listened to the sound of the engine turn on. Natsu probably thought I was crazy, but he didn't understand. I've always loved driving and now I finally get the chance to again.

"Let's go."

I pulled out of the parking space, and out the garage door. Turning down the road, I turned my headlights on. It was almost 1 in the morning now and if Mard didn't live in the middle of nowhere, I'm sure someone would be suspicious of all the people being over all the time.

"Where are we going?"

"I should probably tell you something. You'll get upset."

"Okay?"

"Mard is never someone to break his end of the deal, its his pride. However, he enjoys loopholes."

"What do you mean loopholes?"

"Well he enjoys proving a point. Even if he has to go out of his way to do so."

Natsu seemed to understand where I was going with this.

"While I do think Mard really will let them go, I don't think it'll be without hurting them first. I've seen something like this happen before. Someone made a deal with Mard to take his life and let his family go. Well Mard shot the man right on the spot. In front of his kids and everything. But when he went to take them back and drop them off, he made a little pit stop along the way."

"Will he..."

"Hurt them? Yes. Will it be fatal? I can't answer that."

Dried blood covered my face again and my clothes stuck to my skin.

"I know exactly where he'd take them though."

The rest of the ride was silent for the most part. I was speeding about 15 miles over the speed limit, and I would've been going faster if it hadn't been pouring.

"Take the wheel."

He leaned over, and held the steering wheel for me while I grabbed a hair tie and put my hair up in a quick, messy ponytail. Taking the wheel back, I placed one hand on Natsu's.

"Try not to worry."

"I just can't help worrying about Lucas and Nashi."

"Those two are some tough kids, especially Lucas. And we both know they won't let anything happen to them."

"I guess."

The idea of us kissing came back into mind and I pulled my hand back, blushing.

"Le-Lets just get there."

The rain came down harder but I seen my road and turned down it. It was an old dirt road that led out to a small island. Trees covered the road like a rood making it even more ominous. But I refuse to let them get hurt anymore over me.