Chapter Fourteen- I wanna go home

Hi, guys. Who's up for an early update¿? Don't get mad, but the only reason I'm writing this is to escape from my normal life right now. ╮(╯▽╰)╭ Anyways, this book already has over 1000 reads?¿ How did this happen?¿ I mean my writing skills are terrible. Welp.

~~~

~~~

The drive was bumpy, making my head smack against the window a couple of times. I could hear his breathing, and it just made me want to throw up. I could be at home right now. With Natsu and Nashi and even Lucas. I could be doing something stupid with Mira or maybe Gray. I could be running from Erza as she chases me. I could be playing with Gajeel's hair even though he hates it. I could be drinking with Cana, or listening to Juvia talk about Gray. I could be helping Jellal think of ways to surprise Erza. Hell, I could even be babysitting all the kids right now. But instead I'm stuck in a car at midnight with the person I hate most in the world.

"You're awfully quiet."

"Yep."

"Are you feeling well?"

"Yep."

"Do you miss them?"

"...Yes."

"Well that's to bad."

"How is it to bad? Don't you dare lay a finger on any of them!"

My hands gripped the seat, knuckles white. His chuckle made me want to chew glass rather than be any closer to him.

"No, not unless they do something that concerns me."

"It wouldn't matter. They're all stronger than you."

"Is that so? Are you challenging me for them?"

"I don't need to. You'd go after them challenged or not."

"It hurts to know you see me that way."

"Yea? Well it hurts to be anywhere near you."

Again, he slammed on the brakes, and got out of the car. My heart was pounding in my chest as I watched him walk over to my door. It opened in an instant, and I was being pulled by the hair out of the car. He got me to my feet, and slammed me face first in the freezing metal. I screamed in pain, and he dropped me.

"Do I need to teach you your place in the world again?"

"N-No."

"Good. Get in the car."

I scrambled to my feet, and shut the door behind me. Laying so my face faced the back of the seat, I pushed back the tears threatening to spill. Damn, my nose hurts. The engine started up again, and we were soon moving. Thankfully, he didn't say anything else. The drive was long, a couple of hours I think. I almost fell asleep along the way. When the car came to an abrupt stop, I almost fell on the floor.

"We're home."

Every last part of me itched to correct him. This isn't home. No, home is far away from here. Home is where I've made a family, friends.

"Grab your bag."

I grabbed my bag off the floor, and looked out the window. The same house stood in front of me that I lived in what seemed like forever ago. Stepping out of the car, I was greeted with cold air against my skin.

"Haven't you missed it?"

He pushed the door open in front of him, and my nose was instantly filled with the smell of cologne, and something that reminded me of lavender. For being a cruel murderer, his house is always nice.

"You'll be sleeping in my bed, where you belong."

Again, the overwhelming sense of me wanting to throw up took over.

"Y-Yea."

Was all I managed to choke out.

"Take your bag upstairs."

Doing as told, I made my way up the steps, and down the hall to his room. When I opened the door, I couldn't help but scoff. Right in front of me, were a pair of ladies underwear. Kicking them to the side, I took in the rest of the room. Everything was exactly the same. Without thinking, I threw my bag off to the side, and walked in farther. The bed was neatly made, and the floor was spotless. His closet door hung open, showing off his neatly placed clothing.

"Remind you of the old days?"

He acts like it wasn't just a year and a half ago that I stood in this room.

"Yes."

"You can take a shower if you want."

"Okay."

He sat on the bed, and grabbed a pile of papers off his nightstand. After grabbing my bag, I stepped into the bathroom. I wouldve used the one down the hall, but I don't think he'd let me. Even the bathroom was the same. Nothing about this place changed. Twisting the nob, my hand felt the water pour from the spout above me. His shower was one where the water poured on you like rain, sometimes it helped, sometimes it made it harder to shower. I undressed, and tossed my clothes to the side as I stepped in. As nice as the water felt, it didn't seem to take any of the stress away. All I could think about was Natsu, and what Mira said to me. The pain was so much my heart actually hurt.

"Mind if I join?"

Mard's voice came from behind me, making me jump and cover myself. He laughed, and stepped in the shower.

"What's the point? Not like I haven't seen you before."

His hand wrapped around my wrist, and pulled down lightly. I did my best to ignore him, but it felt like his eyes were burning into me. Being to uncomfortable to shower, I got out, and got dressed. Once finished, I ran into the bedroom, and covered myself up with the blankets. The bed was cold, unwelcoming, and reeked of Mard. I could hear his footsteps enter the room again, and eventually the other side of the bed sunk under his weight.

"Goodnight, (F/N)."

"N-Night."

The light was switched off, and I forced myself into a uncomftorable sleep.