Chapter Ten- Lucas talks to me

Hello, hello! I've been pretty busy lately which is the reason for all the slow updates. Whoops. I also wanted to add I'm so grateful for all my readers, and I'm not even half way through the book. It really makes me want to keep writing, I just feel so supported.

~~~

Looking in the mirror, I noticed how terrible I looked. Bags were beginning to form under my eyes, and I was losing color in my skin. Who knew so much stress could do this in a short amount of time. Letting my body slide to the floor, I released a tired sigh.

"Just when everything seem to be figured out."

There was a soft knock on the door, and I hesitated before answering.

"Who is it?"

"Lucas."

This caught my attention, and I instantly stood up, and unlocked it. He opened the door, and quickly shut it behind him.

"Why did you come in here? Did someone tell you to apologize?"

"No. Stop jumping to conclusions."

I dropped down to the floor while he sat cross-legged in front of me.

"Then why are you here?"

"Because. I want to clear something up, so I decided to talk to you."

"Really? You usually avoid me as if I were the plague."

"Well, you're pretty close."

I rolled my eyes at his comment, but kept my ears tuned to what he had to say. As much as he was already getting on my nerves, it was rare of him to ever want to talk to me.

"My dad and Lisanna aren't together."

Cocking my head to the side slightly, I looked at him with confusion.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Oh please, its obvious you got nervous."

He huffed like I was annoying him, but regained focus.

"However, they will be."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because. Lisanna is, and always will be the only one good enough to be part of our family."

He brushed a small piece of hair out of his face while playing with the zipper on his jacket.

"The only reason you're still here is because my dad hasn't found a polite way to get rid of you."

His words seemed to strike somewhere sensitive, but I kept my poker face. Letting him know he was getting to me would only make things worse on my part.

"I doubt that."

"Well I'm sure of it. Our family is small, and has been broken a lot of times, but we've always stuck by each other's side. Thats how we are, and we don't have room for anyone else. I don't know what made you think you were welcome, but its annoying me now."

He stood up, and brushed invisible dust off his pants, not making any eye contact with me.

"Well, I'll be leaving now."

He opened the door, and slid out through the small crack he made. Leaning my head back against the wall, I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Don't worry. I won't be here for long."