Chapter 3

It was a month later and still no Zoe and Alfie had turned up at our doorstep. I sat on my bed, waiting.

There was a knock at my door and I opened it to see another worker there; this was Mrs Green and she was the moodiest ever and she hated me.

"There is a couple downstairs wanting to adopt a 14 year old girl and that category includes you."

I roll my eyes and get changed, begging it was Zoe and Alfie waiting at the bottom... but it wasn't. Instead it was a older couple who took one look at me and smiled, "We want her," the man said.

I froze to the spot. No, I was not getting adopted by some lunatics. Zoe and Alfie were coming for me!

I just had to be patient.

Mrs Green beckoned me intobher office, "Go get packed. You're being adopted."

"No," I say.

"What?" Mrs Green puffs.

"I said no," and I cross my arms.

"Is this because you think your dopey YouTuber couple will come to rescue you?" She spits.

I can't help it. My anger issues kicked in. With a clenched fist I hit the table with all my might, "THEY ARE NOT DOPEY AND THEY WILL HELP ME AND SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL!"

Mrs Green snorts, "As if. They have provably forgot about you."

"As if we would forget her."

I turn around and see them. Zoe and Alfie holding hands in the doorway. I ran over and hugged them, tears spilling with happiness.

"how did you get in?" Mrs Green spat.

"We were let in," Alfie smirked, "And we want to adopt her... what do you say Hayley?"

"Hey!" We spin around and see the other couple. I swallow the lump in my throat, "That was who we were going to adopt!"

I see Alfie and Zoe go bright red and speechless. I let go of Alfie and go over to them and hug them, "You are an amazing couple and I am sorry about me being so moody... but I think you deserve someone a bit less angry..." the women smiles and hugs me again before her and her husband go and leave.

"Wow... that was brave," Alfie remarked.

I chuckled, "I guess yeah."

Alfie goes off to sign paper work and Zoe comes to help me pack. She ends up telling me that before we go to her and Alfie's home, we have to go to London for Dan and Phil; Lexi's funeral was tomorrow.

I smile weakly, "It's fine... does this mean a load of YouTubers will be there?"

Zoe nods.

"Even Joe..." I ask and Zoe chuckles, "Of course your uncle will be there!"

My eyes widen.

Joe is my uncle...

Zoe laughs at my expression, "I know it will be confusing but I'm sure you can call him Joe; like you can call me and Alfie by our first names; not mom and dad."

🌸🌸🌸

We get to London and we meet Joe. Joe was amazing in person: and I was the same height as him at 5ft 9. Caspar was also there and he was super hyper with Oli next to him.

"So how are you?" Joe asks me in the kitchen.

"I'm good... quite tired to be honest." i admit.

"Well feel free to sleep where you want, niece," Joe smirks.

I laugh and hug him and he hugs me back, "It's weird your the same height as me," he laughs.

"I know! I'm the tallest in my class," I admit.

"No kidding" joe says sarcastically.

🌸🌸🌸

Short i know but mehhh

Hannah xx