Chapter 15

I couldn't move but I could hear. It was as if I was paralysed to the spot.

"You'll be ok, baby," it was Seth's voice. I felt him put his hand on top of my palm, "You will be ok..." his voice was cracking with every word.

"You ok Seth?" It was Zoe. I could smell her perfume.

"I just... I want her to be here now. I want her to wake up..." Seth says

"She will..." Alfie. That was obviously Alfie. "we all want her to wake up."

"We just have to be patient," Troye adds at the end.

"Seth you have to go back to your ward now," another female voice but not Zoe's. Probably a nurse.

"I want to stay though," Seth pleads.

"Seth we'll come tell you any updates, we promise," Alfie says.

I feel Seth go to move. I had to do it now or I never would.

It wasn't as much as I hoped, but lightly I squeezed his hand.

"She just squeezed my hand!" Seth exclaims.

"What?" Alfie's voice was shocked, "She squeezed your hand?!"

"Yes! I swear she did!" He removes his hand and another smaller, cold hand is placed on top of mine, "Just wait. She will squeeze it."

And I did. Zoe squealed, "Oh my god! Alfie!"

I am suddenly allowed access to the rest of my body. My eye lids flicker and soon I am looking at everyone; them all smiling at me.

"Oh my god Hayley!" Seth instantly engulfs me into a tight hug.

"Can't... breathe..." I gasp. Seth stops the hug.

"Sorry..." I sigh, "I just couldn't breathe..."

Alfie comes over and hugs me lightly, "Are you ok..."

I look at him. I suddenly feel a tightness in my chest. I sit up and begin to take deep breathes but I still felt as though I wasn't inhaling enough oxygen. My chest felt really tight and I heard my breath wheezing.

"Hayley?" I felt Seth put his hand on mine but I sharply moved my hand away, not wanting any physical contact.

"Asthma attack..." Connor says.

"What? How do you know?" Alfie exclaimed as nurses ran over.

"Back in my O2L days... do you remember Trevor Moran? Yeah, he was really asthmatic... we use to see all these side affects a lot." Connor says.

Nurses assess me and I feel uncomfortable. Lack of breathe and air makes me feel dizzy.

"Stay with us ok Hayley," a nurse says, relaxed.

I am hooked up to a machine to help me calm down and soon I do. The nurses remove the machine and I flop back onto the bed, exhausted.

"You get some sleep honey," Zoe says, kissing me on the head.

"Ok..." and I fall asleep