Chapter 12 & Get to know the author

A/N: get to know the author is at the end of this chapter!! Also, whilst writing this I was listening to Clean Bandit's Rather Be and it reminded of Dan's version (video above after the pic of Seth 😏)

✨✨✨

Seth arrived to take me to Starbucks with him twenty minutes after I rang him that I was ready.

As soon as I opened the door, I fell for him like I had done before. He had brown hair raised at the front to form a quiff, his eyes were an amazing shade of deep green and his smile was so welcoming.

"Hayley?" His voice shook me out of my thoughts, "You ok?"

"Err... yeah..." I laugh, "Just... comparing you to the last time I saw you."

"Same here," Seth admits as he pits his skateboard in front of him.

"You still skate?" I ask.

He nods, "two years later and it is still my favourite transport."

"Come in a second," I beckon, "i need to go and get something."

Seth walks in and his eyes instantly widen, "Oh my god... talk about living in luxury!"

"It's not 'luxury'," Zoe laughs, cooking at the oven.

"It is... compared to where I use to live," I laugh.

"True... but it still isn't luxury."

I run off up to my room. It wasn't decorated yet as Zoe and Alfie wanted to have me decorate it to my own style. We were going to do that either tomorrow or the next day, they said.

I walked over to my suitcase and pull out a pair of jeans, a crop top with a SuperDry jacket and white converse. I put them all as I thought it would suit what I was getting out better. I let my brown hair down and then pick up the thing I wanted to come and get in the first place.

I go downstairs and see Seth talking to Alfie about video equipment and what to use if he wanted to start his own channel.

"Hey," I smile. Seth looks at me, "You have a skateboard too?"

"Well... it's a Penny board," I smile, "But yeah, a skateboard."

"That's sick," Seth smiles.

"Thanks." Seth comes over and takes my hand.

"See you later!" I say to my parents.

"See you! Have a good time!" Alfie smiles.

Nala comes bounding over and I hug her, "See you later baby!" I laugh.

Seth comes over and strokes Nala cautiously, "She won't bite you know," i smile.

"I know... I just don't have good experiences with dogs... my neighbours bite me on the wrist about a year ago and I had to have stitches and then at the park this other dog attacked me and cut all my sides and the owner did nothing." He showed me his wrist witch cuts and then his side with more cuts.

"I still have my cut from two years ago," I say, unzipping my jacket and lifting my t-shirt.

"That cut is still there?" Seth asks, as we begin to skate iff down the road.

"Yeah, it's permanent," I laugh.

We skate to Starbucks and take our seat next to the window after getting our drinks.