Chapter 10

The party was at 8pm and now it was 7. I had forty-five minutes to get ready; and that was no way ling enough. After Zoe said, I ran off. I took off all my makeup as it was all smudged from the funeral and from being beaten up.

Once I had finished showering, I only had half an hour to pick my outfit and do my hair and makeup. At this point I was a but worried but kept my cool as I picked out a nice white lace dress to wear with a pair of white pumps. I then did my hair; straightening it and putting half up and half down. Then I looked at the clock; 15 minutes.

I panicked and grabbed my make-up bag and rushing into the bathroom again. There I did my foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, highlighter, eye shadow, eye-liner and mascara. I left the room and saw Joe, "You done?" He asks.

I nod, "at last I laugh. I go back into the room and take a white bag and put my phone, my portable charger, lip stick, and my purse. Spraying my perfume and putting that in my bag and putting my denim jacket on, I go up into the living room where my family was, "Ready finally?" Alfie asks sarcastically.

"Yep. I had to redo my make-up and have a shower," I sigh as we proceed out the apartment.

I saw Alfie roll his eyes so I playfully punches his arm, "At least you weren't the one almost killed."

"Hayley..." Alfie looks at me. He took my hand and pulled me to one side, "Why didn't you tell either me or Zoe about your anger issues?"

I stared, "What?"

"Joe told us what you told him... Hayley why did you never tell us that you had anger issues?" He seemed to have a upset tone in his voice. I felt angry at myself for hiding back such a big secret.

"I just wanted you to think I was a... a normal person and not one with issues..." I told myself not to cry, "I was scared if you and Zoe found out... you wouldn't adopt me..."

"We would adopt you no matter what," Alfie says, pulling me into a warm hug, "Even if you were a vampire and we knew that one day you would probably kill us, I would want to take the chance and experience life with you as a part of it."

"GUYS WE ARE GONNA BE LATE!" We hear Caspar yell so we hurry down the stairs.

✨✨✨

We get to the party and everyone was there. It was nice to see everyone in colourful clothing and not black (except Dan cos he always wears black).

I went over to Tyler, hugging him and then Troye. We got along well and soon the song Wild came on and, bravely, I joined Troye on the make-shift stage and sung with him.

Wild, wild, hey!

Trying hard not to fall
On the way home
You were trying to wear me down, down
Kissing up on fences
And up on walls
On the way home
I guess it's all working out, now

'Cause there's still too long to the weekend
Too long till I drown in your hands
Too long since I've been a fool, oh

Leave this blue neighbourhood
Never knew loving could hurt this good, oh
And it drives me wild

'Cause when you look like that
I've never ever wanted to be so bad, oh
It drives me wild

You're driving me wild, wild, wild

Wild, wild, hey!