Keisha

Keisha and Slim in MM

"What you over there doing boo? I'm bored!" Kassidy whined through my phone.

"Oh nooo bitch, you don't get to call me whining when you set me up for the Okie Doke last week!"

"What... What I do?" Kas laughed.

"You know what you did. Running off and leaving me with Slim. Your ass ain't slick. Anyways, what happened with Dontae?"

"Nothing really, I gave him my number but I still haven't heard from him. I'm not pressed though."

"Whhhhaaaatttt Princess Kassidy actually gave someone her number?! I was starting to think you switched teams since Ryan's punk ass did you dirty," I said.

Ryan was Kassidy's first everything. He took her virginity and left my girl with a broken heart when he wound up getting another girl pregnant. She stayed backsliding and continued having sex with him until all the baby mama drama unfolded. Then she washed her hands of the entire situation. I listened to her cry for months, after that and she busied herself with school to forget about it.

"Ugh... Please don't bring him up! So what happened after I left?" Kassidy asked changing the subject.

"What you mean what happened? We smoked, chilled for a while, then he took me to get my car. Nothing serious," I scoffed.

"Why you so hard on that man? I can tell he legit likes you. You need to settle down with somebody level-headed. Maybe he'll balance out your crazy."

"Girl you don't even know him! You kill me. I mean he's cool and all but he's slim from downstairs. You know how I get down and he's too close for comfort. I just want my nut, some money, and to be left alone. I'm cool on all that other shit!"

"Yea, yea, yea! Heard it all before. Everybody wants love, Keisha. You're just too scared to admit it."

"I mean, what? I'm not bout to put my feelings all into someone and end up being played in the end. Hell nah! I treat these niggas just like they treat us... On to the next one baby! Stick with me and you'll learn some good shit," I replied.

"Ok pimp. But have you thought about my proposition?"

"Somebody at my door girl, I gotta go!"

"Kei---"

I hung up on Kassidy before she could start on me with that school shit again. Right now was just not a good time.

Rolling out of bed I checked the clock on my wall and saw it was 11 am. The fuck. I thought to myself before taking a picture in my full-length mirror and posting it on Snapchat. I walked to the front room and snatched the door open to see a fully dressed Slim leaning on my door frame with a joint in his hand.

"Good Morning, wanna smoke something?" Slim smiled.

"Really fool? Come in!" I laughed shaking my head.

"Whatever, I see your ass ain't turn it down."

"I sure didn't! Why are you up so early sir?"

"Shid, I'm always up early. I had to rip and run for my granny a little bout nine. I just dropped her at home and thought I'd come fuck with you," Slim shrugged.

"Awww, I'm touched. Let me go use the bathroom and get my weed. You know how I feel about shit that's already rolled. No offense, but you won't Bill Cosby me."

Slim laughed as I walked to the bathroom in my room. I returned with my weed and papers to a smiling Slim.

"What you over there skinning and grinning about?" I asked.