Slim

I sat at the bar tossing back drinks. The shit Kassidy said about Romelo was really fucking with my mind. Only because I knew my brother and I knew the type of dude he was. There was no way he was gonna let us get away with the shit we did to him and not retaliate, and that's why I was keeping a close eye on him.

See Romelo never listened and always had a problem respecting authority. I knew when I told him to disappear that he wasn't going to. That just let me know that I was undoubtedly going to have to do the unthinkable. I had to kill my brother. There was no other way. Just like Kas, I couldn't rest either knowing Mel was still breathing. Especially with a kid on the way. Hell no!

I had a little recon mission going on outside the spot Melo was ducked off in and I found it interesting that he would tail Keish and Kas sometimes when they were out. He never made any moves, but he would sit and watch them. Whenever they would leave to come home he would go his separate way. Shit was creepy as fuck.

I don't know what kind of gold Kas carried around between her legs, but that shit had to be lethal to make a nigga play with his life like that. I chuckled at the thought.

"What you over here giggling about fool?" Dontae asked taking a seat next to me and dapping me up.

"Just thinking about some shit in my head. What's up though? I heard about your little run in with Kas." I replied smirking. Tae could do all the acting he wanted to, but he couldn't fool me. Anyone who knew him could clearly see he missed her ass.

"Maaaaaannnnn!" He replied waving me off. "Next subject."

I couldn't hold the laughter that came from deep within. This nigga here was trying play so tough. It is what it is though.

"I'm just fuckin with you bruh. I understand why you feel how you feel, but I still think y'all need to have a conversation." I shrugged. It was the truth though. Clearly they loved each other but were both too damn stubborn.

"Nigga when did you get on this Dr.Phil tip? Muhfucka make a baby and try to heal the world." Dontae laughed clowning me. "I hear you though. I'll have a conversation with her when I'm ready to. That's her problem she always think everybody's supposed to move on her time and it don't work like that. I don't chase my damn liquor but here it is she had me running full speed behind her ass! I'm just trying to give her a dose of her own medicine. Shit sweat me for a while, make me feel special. I got feelings too."

"Mannnn!" I cracked up laughing. "If you don't get ya Xscape Who Can I Run To headass outta here with that shit! Nigga just went on a whole Keith Sweat begging rant on my ass."

I was laughing so hard I had tears falling from my eyes. I wasn't trying to shrug off my nigga emotions but that shit was cracking me the fuck up! Plus I needed something to make me laugh right now.

"Man fuck you! That's why I don't like talking with your goofy ass. You play too damn much!" Tae stated with a playful mug on his face.

"My bad man! You cry at night huh?" I asked still clowning. Dontae could no longer hold it in as he fell out laughing.

"Man I'm done with your bean head ass! You ain't no fucking good. Fuck you call me out here for? I know you didn't just wanna have girl talk, hoe ass." Dontae said wiping tears from his eyes.

"All jokes aside bruh, I think I'm ready to tie up some loose ends." I said raising my eyebrow hoping he would catch on to what I was saying.

"Let's head to my spot and talk." Dontae said standing and dropping a hundred dollar bill on the bar.
____________________

"You sure this is what you want? I mean I understand the circumstances and everything, but that's still your brother. I don't want you to regret this shit later." Dontae voiced after I told him I wanted to rid myself of Melo for good.

"Trust me, I thought of every possible outcome and this is what has to happen. Especially after I found out he's been tailing Kas and Keish. It's either handle him or let him do something stupid to jeopardize my family. That's what's not about to happen. If this is what I have to do to sleep well at night, so be it." I said meaning every word.

I had a family to protect and live for now and NOBODY was gonna make me feel uneasy about their safety.

"Slim, I love you like we came out the same womb... I just don't want you to have to live with those demons. We can pay somebody to handle this shit. At first I wanted to do it myself, but I love you too much as my dawg to have to look you in your face after doing that. So again, are you sure about this shit?"

I couldn't do nothing but respect Dontae after that. They didn't make niggas like him anymore. My own flesh and blood didn't ride for me like he did and I'll forever be indebted.

"This is something I have to do for myself Tae. I understand where you're coming from, but I won't rest until it's done and I want it to be by my hands." I told him.

"So be it. You got a location on him?" Tae asked.

"Yea, he's at his little duck off that he thought no one knew about. I want to catch him off guard though. And before we do this, I wanna send Keisha and Kassidy away on some kind of vacation or something. I don't want them in the cross fire if shit goes left."

"I can dig it. How soon are you trying to do this?" Dontae asked sitting up on his couch.

"As soon as possible. When I get home tonight I'll talk to Keish about sending them on a trip. I just want the shit to seem normal, you know how they get to trying to be detectives and shit." I laughed. My baby was more gangsta than me. She stayed trying to get on a nigga head on my behalf. I fucked with her the long way.

"I understand, Keish hell man. Just know I got your back 100 percent and so you know I ain't playing I'll even pay for Kassidy's portion of the trip." Dontae said shaking his head.

"You was doin that anyway nigga! Fuck you mean!" I laughed. "But lemme get out of here and handle this shit. Just be ready when I call."

"Always ready boi! Hit me up." Dontae said as I got up and dapped him off before heading to the door.

This was about to be a long night. Keisha knew me too well not to know that something was up. I just prayed her hardheaded ass listened.