Keisha

"Happy birthday dear Kassidy, Happy birthday to you!"

Slim, Tae, and I were all singing happy birthday to Kassidy as we sat in our private section in Up in Smoke, which was a chill hookah lounge.

My girl has been glowing since Dontae entered the picture and I couldn't be happier for her, so when she said she wanted to do something light for her birthday I had to respect it. Even though I was planning a huge bash since forever, it's her day and as long as she's happy I'm with it.

"Blow out the candles babe," Dontae said beaming as I placed the cake in front of Kas.

"You guuuuyyyyys! Thank you so much!" Kassidy cried before blowing out the candles.

"Awwww don't cry! You're gonna mess up your make-up." I said as I fanned Kassidy's eyes.

Slim gave Kas a hug before getting up and heading over to the bar. He had been acting really shitty towards me because I made the decision to keep our situation under wraps.

I mean we fucked on the regular so who cares about a title? Waving one of the waitresses over I ordered a bottle of Hennessey. I could see already I was gonna need it to get through this night.

"What's goin on with you two?" Kassidy asked once Dontae walked off to talk to Slim.

"Girl, nobody got time for Slim and his feelings!" I said waving her off. "Anyways it's your day! Lets turn up and dance the night away. You worrying about the wrong thing."

"Come on Keish, this is me you're talking to. The tension thick as hell so what's the deal?"

"Kas really? You seriously bout to do this right now?" I pouted putting the bottle of Hen against my head.

"Yes really! Now spill bitch."

"Slim and I hooked up. Well we actually hook up every night."

"And..."

"And now he wants more and I don't so he's in his feelings. End of story." I shrugged.

"Keish fareal? I mean even Stevie Wonder can see that you're feeling him. What's the issue?"

"The issue is I like shit a certain way! I like my hair laid and my man paid! I like nice shit. I want a boss nigga. Slim just does not have the credentials!"

"You're so full of shit! Bitch, you have been prancing around glowing since that man dropped it off in you. Now that he wants more you're saying he doesn't qualify? I know you better than that. What's really the deal? Cause if you felt like that you would have never given him the cookies in the first place!" Kassidy called me out.

"Let's just drop it Kas," I sighed. "It's your night and I'm really not trying to kill the mood by having this conversation right now. This is not the time nor place."

"Ok. You got that one. But we will talk about this. In the mean time, I'm gonna go dance with my boo. Maybe you should do the same."

I fanned Kassidy off as she walked over to Dontae and Slim.

I had to turn my bottle up because she just blew my whole vibe that quick. Slim really wasn't a bad dude and his sex was A1. He's just not the dude for me. I can't see myself settling for someone who can't meet my expectations. I continued to drink from my bottle and watch Kas and Tae on the floor.

"This what you plan to do all night?" Slim asked, sliding in the booth next to me.

"Oh, you found your vocal cords and can talk to me all of a sudden?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Fuck you got an attitude with me for? You da one said you wanted to keep this thing on the low right? We can't be all lovey-dovey actin in front of people Slim, our business is our business! Those were your words, right? So what the fuck you want me to do Keisha? Cause you're confusing the fuck outta me." Slim snapped.