Kassidy

Dontae & Kassidy, Romelo, Keisha, and Slim in MM

"Really bitch?!" I yelled at Keisha once we pulled up to the auditorium where the annual charity basketball game was being held.

"What?" she asked with a goofy smile on her face.

Keisha pulled out her phone and called someone.

"Hey, we're out front... Well, come meet us at the ticket booth because I'm not sure where to go...Ok."

I heard one side of Keisha's conversation as she spoke into the phone. I was still looking at her waiting for an explanation as she applied her nude Mac lip gloss.

"Helloooo? What the hell Keish? I'm not getting out if you don't tell me something!" I stated in frustration.

I should have known her ass was up to something when she told me to wear sneakers. Keisha hated when I wore sneakers. Her motto was a bad bitch gotta be on point at all times! Ain't no nigga check-in for a bitch dressed like him. But I loved sneakers. Don't get me wrong, I would rock the fuck outta some bad heels, but I just didn't find it necessary to be pumping on a daily.

"Look, there's Slim! Come on we don't wanna keep him waiting," Keisha said, jumping out ofthe car.

I huffed as I got out and followed behind her. I definitely didn't miss that little hug she gave slim.

"Hey Slim," I spoke with a genuine smile.

"What up Kassidy. So you wanted to see my boy do his thing on the court huh?" Slim smirked.

"Actually I was bamboozled. Now that I'm here though, I guess I can check him out."

Keisha elbowed me and I shot her a don't fuck with me look. She stayed doing some extra shit. Now I was gonna look thirsty for Dontae's attention and I wasn't good enough for a phone call. We followed Slim into the arena and I was taken back by the number of people there.

"So is this a college game? They aren't in normal uniforms." I asked.

"It's a tournament for the youth. There's a mixture of college cats and regular street niggas that ball real good," Slim answered.

"So why you not out there? I'm peeping your lil school boy swag you got going on with your little backpack and shit."

"Girl this a backpack full of weed! I wasn't even bout to play myself by even attempting to get on that court. I smoke too much for that shit. I'll support from the stands," Slim cracked.

"I know that shit right. I wouldn't dare be getting all sweaty and shit if I wasn't getting paid to," Keisha added.

I just laughed. They were meant for each other and didn't even know it.

We followed Slim to our courtside seats. As soon as Dontae spotted us he smiled. I guess that gave him the motivation to go hard because he was doing his thing on the court. I could sense a little animosity between him and a player on the opposing team. When the guy intentionally fouled Dontae I knew I was right.

"What's that about?" I asked Keish who just shrugged.

"Aye, I'll be right back. Lemme go holla at this nigga," Slim sighed, referring to the guy who was just thrown out the game.

Slim walked over to the guy who was now on the sidelines having a heated discussion. Once he said whatever he had to say he ran back over and took his seat.

"Everything cool?" Keisha asked.

"Right, cause I'm not trying to do no fighting tonight. I got on my sneaks though so it's whatever," I said high fiving Keish.