Dontae

I placed light kisses all over Kassidy's face as she slept peacefully in the back of Slim's truck. Even with the light snoring and drool hanging from the side of her mouth she was still a showstopper. She shuffled a little and her eyes fluttered. Once she opened them completely and noticed me she jumped into defense mode.

"Whoa, I come in peace," I joked, throwing my hands up in surrender.

"What do you want Dontae? You done with your little girlfriends so now you wanna come back to me?" Kassidy snapped.

"First of all, pipe down! You know damn well you're the only girl for me! Wipe the drool off your face before you try jumping bad. You ain't scaring nothin looking like that."

Kassidy wiped her mouth and tried to open her door.

"Man chill," I said grabbing her arm. Reaching under the seat I pulled out a dozen roses I brought from the airport. "I got something for you."

Trying hard to mask her smile, Kassidy snatched the roses from my hand and sniffed them. The way she closed her eyes and inhaled the scent did something to me as I stared at her.

"Thank you. They're beautiful." Kassidy smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you. Look, man, I'm not good with this shit aite but one thing you should know about me is my word is my bond. If I tell you something, that's just what it is. I'm not the one who hurt you Kas. Stop punishing me for his mistakes. Am I perfect? Hell nah, but I'm not gonna do anything to jeopardize what we're building."

"I understand that Dontae but you need to understand that you can't do stupid shit like that and expect me not to react! Ryan used--"

"Stop right there. That's where you're fuckin up! Don't compare me to that man. If you had let me explain you'd know that I didn't do shit. I can't control another grown ass man. You don't see me telling you oh no Kas, don't sit like that cause my ex sat that way. you see how stupid that shit sound?! You got me all out of my element and you're punishing me for trying. You're either gonna open up and let me love you, or walk away now. I can't do this roller coaster shit! We're grown and I'm not doing this childish shit!"

I didn't mean to go off on Kas but I was frustrated. Here she was holding back on me cause of the last man's fuck up. I waited 90 days for the snatch and all. She got me on some lovey-dovey shit and I don't even know what it smells like.

"You done?" Kassidy asked. "Show me something different Dontae! You say you don't want me to compare you to the next man, show me that you're different. What's so different about Dontae that I should drop my guard and just give myself to him. Until you can show me something I'm gon continue to feel how I feel! Everybody's good in the beginning, what happens after you've gotten all you want and you get tired of my moods and nagging? Huh? What then?"

"You know what, I got it. You want me to show you and that's what I'm gonna do. I'm done talking about it. From now on I'm not doing any more talking."

"Fine, are you coming up?"

"Later, I got some shit to handle with the team. I'll walk you up but I gotta jet."

"Taaaaaaeeeeee," Kassidy whined.

"Man, please! You were just giving me the cold shoulder. Don't pretend like you missed me now."

"But I did! You just pissed me off."

"Ok, let's make a deal. After I handle my business I'm all yours for the rest of the day. Whatever you wanna do."

Kassidy stuck out her pinky.

"Fuck you doing?" I asked.

"You gotta pinky promise."

"Man if you don't get outta here with that shit! I'm not doing that girly ass shit," I laughed.

"Do it or it's no deal!"

"Mannnnnnn, here!" I yelled latching my pinky into hers.

Kassidy giggled, "Thank you! Now come on and walk me upstairs. If you hurry, I might have a treat for you when you get back."

"Well since you put it like that... Hurry up and run up there so I can go!" I laughed.

Kas and I got out the truck and I walked her to Keisha's door. I wasn't about to go in and take my shoes off only to put them right back on so I stood outside the door.

"I'll be back in a little, ok?" I said while holding Kas around her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Don't have me waiting all day babe. It's been long enough. I'm ready to cuddle up in your arms again."

"I got you," I replied before squeezing Kassidy's butt and slipping my tongue in her mouth. I rocked up instantly.

"Hurry back," Kas said before disappearing behind the door.

I shook my head at how sexy that girl was. She made me think of a line Lil Wayne said in one of his songs. Man I swear I saw a blind man staring. She was just that right. And that ass... Man, the things I'm gonna do. I was hype just thinking about it. The vibration from my phone interrupted my thoughts.

"What up?" I answered.

"Fuck you going fool? Damn Kas did you that bad you don't even wanna kick it with your boy?" Slim yelled through the phone.

"Boy, you stay with the jokes. But Nah, we good. I gotta handle some shit with the team and then I'm gonna set some shit up for Kas."

"Some shit like what? You ain't about to propose, are you? She pregnant huh?" Slim joked.

"Man get off my line! I'm not bout to play with your ass." I laughed.

I made my way to my car that I left parked in Slim's guest spot. I walked around my baby and made sure everything still looked the way it did when I left. Once I was satisfied I jumped in and mashed out. I was already planning on a way to show Kas that I meant business and was all in. I'm gon tear down all those walls she built around her heart.