Kassidy

I fumbled around in the mirror for the umpteenth time after Keisha finished my make-up. Dontae had some kind of surprise set up that required me to be dolled up.

"Kass you're fine! No matter how many times you look in that mirror, nothing's gonna change," Keisha growled pulling me away from her body length mirror.

"You think my hair is ok like this? Maybe I should wear side bangs, or maybe apart? This is stressing me out!"

"Girl relax. You're acting like you just met this nigga! It's Dontae. What has it been, four months now? And you're still carrying on like this."

"I just want everything to be perfect. He put so much thought into picking out everything down to my underwear, I just wanna make sure he's pleased with how I look."

"Ok again, it's Dontae! He drools when you're in your raggedy cleanup clothes. And bitch, I put that together! He just made the final choice. Give me my props."

"Aww, thanks, bestie. I should've known when I squeezed into this dress that this was a "Keisha Production." I must admit, you did your thing."

Keisha patted her own back.

"I'm saying though... I try." she laughed. "But on the real, you look beautiful Kassidy. I haven't seen you smile this much in a long time. I like Dontae for you. Hopefully after all this hard work you give him some."

"Bitch! I'm not bout to play with you today. Who knows, maybe he'll get lucky after I see the rest of the surprise."

"Well, I hope it's a good one. The only part he let me in on was wardrobe. I'm sure everything else is outstanding. That dress was 2500 by itself so you're doing something right!"

"Girl I'm just being me. He's so different though. I can really se-

A knock at the door interrupted my praise session. I got butterflies in my stomach at the thought of it being Dontae. Walking into the front room I came face to face with Slim.

"Damn sis! Don't hurt em too bad tonight. You look beautiful." Slim whistled before hugging me.

"Thanks, Slim Jim." I blushed at the compliment.

"Awww look at her! You're like a little kid with a crush. I'm so loving this side of you." Keisha laughed.

I noticed that she and Slim were getting extra cozy. Every time I asked about it she would change the subject or tell me I'm crazy.

"Whatever! I'm not the only one around here glowing. But I'm gonna leave that alone for now."

"Yeah, you do that." Keish laughed.

"Y'all done? Cause I actually came to chauffeur you to your destination." Slim laughed.

"Really?"

"Yeah, girl! So come on. I got something I'm trying to get back to." Slim spat.

I caught the glance Keisha threw his way. Their asses thought they were slick. I knew it was something happening.

"Ok Mr. Bentley, Just let me grab my bag and we can head out." I joked.

I went to Keisha's room to grab my things. After looking over myself in the mirror one last time I made my way back to the front room.

"Ready," I said standing in front of Keisha and Slim.

"Awwwww wait lemme take a picture! My boo is finally letting somebody in. I'm so happy for you!"

Keisha was on the verge of real tears. I posed as she snapped a pic and then gave her a hug.