Kassidy

Two months. Two whole months! That's how long it's been since Romelo has been going through extensive therapy and solely depending on me.

In the beginning he was humbled, I thought losing his grandmother and almost his life had brought about positive change, boy was I wrong.

"Bitch you think I'm stupid?! I must have dumbass stamped across my face?" Romelo yelled from the hallway as I sat in the den watching tv.

He went on this whole rant about me going through his phone and answering this hoe Tiffany's call. I mean, I did, but I wasn't gonna admit to the shit.

Damn right I picked up and asked that bitch not to call again. I didn't see nobody but me bathing and feeding his ungrateful ass these few months, hurting my back letting him lean on me for support, alienating myself from family and friends to make sure he's good, so when the next bitch calls and act like she's entitled, damn right I'm gonna put her in her place.

"Nah, the dumbass would be me for even attempting to save your disrespectful ass." I mumbled.

I guess I didn't speak as low as I thought because before I knew it I was being snatched over the couch by my hair.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU SAY TO ME BITCH?! HUH?" Romelo yelled smacking me across the face. That one blow alone almost caused me to blackout. When he started delivering blows to my body I knew it was over for me. "TALK THAT HOT SHIT NOW! Y'ALL GOT ME FUCKED UP! A NIGGA WAS DOWN FOR A LITTLE BIT AND YALL FORGOT WHO THE FUCK I WAS?"

I tried to speak but my lips were so swollen that it hurt to try and move them. I could feel blood leaking from my nose but my body was too tired to even attempt to wipe it.

After all I have done for this man, this is how he repays me. All because a bitch called his phone. I can't even believe that this is my life now.

"GET YOUR DUMB ASS UP AND FIX ME SOME FOOD! I OUGHT TO BREAK YOUR FUCKIN NECK FOR GOING THROUGH MY SHIT! DUMB ASS BITCH!" Romelo spat as he dropped my body to the floor.

I laid there in pain and just cried. I guess I passed out at some point because I woke up to water being splashed in my face.

"Get up! I already ate, you can make yourself something if you're hungry. You not bout to lay your ass in the middle of my floor like this!" Romelo said standing over me sipping from a Taco Bell cup.

It took everything in me to drag my body to the bedroom. I felt like I had been hit by a train. Getting up to get in bed was not an option so I just curled up in a fetal position and fell asleep.

I was mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. This was the last straw.
__________________

Positive

I stared at the pregnancy test in my hand as if the results would change. Tears clouded my vision threatening to spill at any moment.

I thought it was the beating Romelo put on me that had me so fatigued, but when I started throwing up everything I ate, I knew better.

This was the last thing I needed right now. Living with Romelo was like living with the devil himself. I can't believe I let myself get in this fucked up position. I wiped my eyes as the tears fell.

Realization set in, I had no one. My parent's weren't feeling me. I haven't spoken to them since I left home. Keisha was beyond disappointed in me, and of course Dontae was not an option. After the brutal beating Romelo gave me two weeks ago, I was definitely not trying to get on his bad side.

I pulled out my phone and made myself a doctor's appointment. I guess I'll go from there.
***********************************

"You're definitely pregnant Kassidy, just short of four months." Dr. Hines sighed.