Chapter 12

Florida seemed to fly by way too fast. Chris took me to freakin Disney World, Sea World, out to dinner... I love him!

But ever since we got on the plane to go home, he's been so weird.. On planes he usually will hold my hand or put his arm around me because he knows I hate planes, but he won't even look at me.

"Christian?"

I know he heard me, but his eyes won't leave the window.

"Babe.."

He flicked his hand like he was shooing me off. I winced even though he didn't hit me, I winced because he's never been like this...

Maybe he's just sick of me...

We landed and I got off first. We didn't talk the whole flight, I don't even know why he's doing this?

I got my bags and saw Crawford's car outside, he's picking us up.

I put my stuff in the back and got in the passenger side.

"Hey, Princess." He smiled and side hugged me.

"Hey.."

"How was Florida? You look a little tan." He smiled.

"We had fun until just now.."

"What? What happened?"

I shrugged. Chris got in the back seat and him and Crawford fist bumped or whatever and Crawford dropped us off.

I brought my bag upstairs and unpacked without saying a word, he didn't even seem to notice..

I changed out of sweatpants and put on some jeans, ran downstairs, grabbed my car keys, and headed out the door.

"Nikki? Where are you going?"

Oh look, he speaks...

"Like you care.." I mumbled and slammed the door.

Christian's POV
She's noticing.. I don't think I can do this... I'd do anything for her.. What she doesn't know is that I'm protecting her...

I heard her car keys and the door open, "Nikki? Where are you going?" I asked running down the stairs.

"Like you care.."

And she slammed the door. This is gonna hurt me so much more than her..

Nikki's POV
What did I do? Did I do something? Is he just sick of me? I can't even think straight.

I shook my head and pulled up to Crawford's apartment. I stayed in my parking spot for a good ten minutes wondering if this promise ring even means anything...

I got out and headed to Crawford's apartment. I knocked on the door until he answered.

"Hey... What's up?"

"I need someone.."

"Where's Chris?"

"At home.."

"What's wrong?" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me in his apartment.

"Christian.."

"Do I need to hurt him?"

"Would you please?" I laughed.

He stood up and I pulled him back down.

"What did he do?"

"I don't know... I feel like he is distancing himself from me.. Like he's not interested anymore."

I messed with the ring again and Crawford glanced at my hand.

"Nikki he loves you more than anything.. There has to be a reason for this, he wouldn't just randomly get sick of you."

I nodded.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course you can."

I kissed his cheek and he stood up and went to his bedroom, "Hey,"

I looked up,

"If you need anything, just come get me."

I smiled, "Thank you, Crawford."

He smiled and closed his door and I laid down on his couch.

I can't lose Chris, I don't know what I'd do without him..