Chapter 25

"Chris?!" I yelled and tried to shake him awake. The room seemed to be spinning and I put my head in my hands trying to make it stop.

I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My fiancé- I don't know he's- he fell or something- he's not awake! I need help!" I cried the last part.

"Ma'am, we need you to calm down, help is on the way. Is there anything around that could've made him fall?"

I glanced around and saw some kind of oil on the floor that was smeared from when Chris fell.

How in the world did oil get on the floor?

"There's a puddle of like, cooking oil or something?" I said with a shaky voice.

"Alright, the ambulance is on its way, along with the police. Stay on the line with me in case something happens, alright? It was a head injury, correct?"

I picked his head up off the ground and cried harder. First I felt for a pulse, which was still there. Then I found a huge gash on the back of his head.

"Yes.."

"He's still breathing?"

"He has a pulse."

"Alright-"

"They're here." I said and hung up the phone. I sobbed until the police knocked on the door. I kissed Christian's head and say him up before getting the door. Why does he have to weigh so much more than me?

I quickly got up to answer the door and the paramedics came in with a stretcher to take him outside. I covered my face with my hands and cried.

He'll be okay, I kept telling myself. The thing with Chris is that he won't give up on anything, I can't lose him.

The police looked around and pointed at something on the ground, "Well no wonder he fell, someone must've dumped oil."

I stood there stunned, I was the only one in the house? How is that possible? I know Chris wouldn't do it to himself.

"Ma'am, may I ask where you were during the incident?"

"Upstairs. I heard him fall and called his name three times before coming down here and-"

I cried again thinking about it.

"It definitely wasn't her," One cop whispered to the other, "she can't stop crying."

"Ma'am is there someone you can call to help you out?"

I nodded.

The police exited my house. They wouldn't let me go with Chris, they said that I can come to the hospital later with my help.

I quickly called Crawford trying not to sound unintelligible because of my out-of-control sobbing.

"Yoo Nikki! What's up?"

"I need you over here." My voice cracked.

"Are you okay? Where's Chris?"

I cried harder.

"Alright, I'm on my way." He hung up the phone and I fell to my knees. I can't even think properly.

Crawford eventually showed up and knocked on the door about 4 different times before I heard it even though I was laying sprawled out on the floor right next to the door.

I quickly opened it and wrapped my arms around his neck. He held my waist, "What happened?"

"Chris is in the hospital, we gotta go."

"What?!"

"He knocked himself out, he slipped on oil or something and we have to go, Crawford I have to see him." I started crying again and covered my face.

He wrapped his arms around me again and my head is against his chest.

"It'll be okay, he'll be fine."

The drive to the hospital was quick and silent.

As soon as Crawford pulled into a parking spot I jumped out and ran.

"Christian Collins." I stated with my hands on the desk.

She glanced at my hands and then check the computer.

"ICU room 12."

I nodded and took off. I heard Crawford trying to keep up behind me. I jumped in the elevator and Crawford followed.

I hit the button and quickly closed the doors.

"Nikki where is your chill?" He panted, leaning over with his hands on his knees.

"With Chris."

He stood up and put his arm around my shoulders, "It'll be okay, I promise."

The doors open and I quickly walked to the ICU and Crawford followed. I walked into room 12 and a nurse was in there. She smiled, "Family only."

I showed her my ring and nodded towards Chris, "And that's his brother."

She nodded, "Would you like to see the doctor?"

"Please?" I said, my voice cracking.

She left the room and I sat in the chair next to his bed and took his hand. He's still not awake..

I intertwined his hand with mine and kissed his knuckles.

"Stay with me, baby.." I whispered against his hand.

The doctor quietly knocked on the door and walked in.

I looked up and he smiled.

"Will he be okay?"

"So far, it looks like it. But we don't know when he'll wake up."

The lump in my throat just keeps getting bigger...

"There's also a slim chance he'll remember things, but that won't last too long."

I looked and Chris and nodded.

"Just be prepared for that, I don't want you to be worried, with the damage taken, the longest the memory loss would last is two months."

I nodded again, "Thank you."

He nodded and apparently got my hint to leave.

I sat there with his limp hand in mine.

"Hey," Crawford said and I looked up, "Call me later, I'll come pick you up."

I nodded and gave him a hug before he left.

"It'll be alright." He rubbed my back and kissed the side of my head, then left.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and took Christian's hand again.

"I need you.." I whispered, "Please don't leave me, if I lost you I would lose my sanity." I laughed a little.

"God, please don't take my baby.." I said looking up and then back down, bringing Christian's hand to my lips.

I already miss him, he's here, but he's not.

I took my hand from his and slowly ran my hand through his hair then stroked his cheek with my thumb.

"Please wake up, don't leave me, I love you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Do y'all think it's weird for the girl to be older in a relationship? Because for some reason it disturbs me 😂