Chapter 20

I woke up again to Chris frantically running around, but it's 7 now. I sat up and he pulled me into his arms again.

"I need to go see her.."

I pulled back a little bit and wiped the falling tears from his eyes, "Don't worry, we will."

Christian's phone rang and he held me with one arm while he answered, "What's up, bro? How is she?"

He just listened to Crawford with a blank expression. I rubbed his back and he loosened up a bit.

"Alright, we'll be there as soon as humanly possible."

He hung up and I kissed his forehead, "It'll be okay."

He nodded. We both got ready fast and got into Christian's car. He basically raced to the hospital.

"Christian! If you don't stop speeding I will drive!"

"Fine.." He slowed down.

Shortly after, we got to the hospital and found her room. Chris stopped outside and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"It'll be okay?"

"I promise." I told him. He took a deep breath and slowly let go of me, but took my hand. He knocked a little on the door so whoever was in there knew we were coming in.

Crawford turned his head and smiled. He stood up and hugged us both and Christian's hands are shaking.

We walked farther into the room, but as soon as Chris saw Stacey he turned around. I squeezed his hand and he turned back around.

His jaw did the thing and he looked down. It's not any easier for me, she's like my second mom... I grew up with her..

She's pale with tubes up her nose, needles in her arms, heart monitors...

Chris grabbed my waist and placed his face on my shoulder so he wasn't looking at her. I stroked his hair to calm him down, but he just won't stop shaking.

"She's been asleep for a while," Crawford whispered, "we just wanted you to see her so you know she's okay."

I nodded and tried to calm my anxiety-overcome boyfriend. Oh my love, I'm sorry..

A while after sitting quietly in a hospital room for a good 3 hours, Chris got so anxious that we had to leave.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Babe-"

"I said I'm not hungry!" He snapped.

I winced at him raising his voice and he sighed and pulled over. He ran his hands through his hair and threw his head back.

"I'm sorry, I'm just, like, super stressed and seeing her like that.." He shook his head.

"It's okay.."

"No, it's not okay, I love you and I shouldn't yell."

"Chris, it's okay. I get it, I went through this too," I rubbed his arm, "I'm still going through it with you, and you went through it with me. It'll be okay, we can do it together."

He nodded and took my hand then kissed the back.

"I love you.." He said stroking my hand with his thumb.

"I love you too, everything's going to be fine, okay?"

He nodded and started the car again.