Chapter 23

I ran down the hallway and Chris caught me by my waist. He squeezed my sides right where I'm ticklish and I screeched and tried to slap his hands away. He wouldn't budge and just kept tickling my sides.

"Chris! I c-an't breathe!" I laughed out. He stopped and turned me around so I was facing him, "Don't slap me with a pizza again."

"No promises." I laughed and he kissed my nose. I pressed my lips lightly against his and softly bit his bottom lip.

He smiled and I smiled back, letting go of his lip.

"Feeling feisty?" He said placing his hands on my back pulling me closer.

"A little.." I said slipping my arms around his neck. He softly kissed me again.

"But not yet." I whispered against his lips.

He pulled away, placing his forehead against mine and then nodding.

"I do love you though."

"I love you too, it'll be worth it."

He went to kiss me again, but the doorbell rang. He threw his head back and sighed, "Again?" He said walking to the door.

"Hey!" I said before he opened the door, "Put a shirt on, I got it."

He picked his shirt up off the couch and I opened the door. I immediately went to slam it, but they put their hand in the doorway and I caught it.

I should've just let it slam.

"Nikki, please let me talk to you."

"Leave me alone, Sam! I want nothing to do with you!" I shouted and he winced. I do feel a little bit bad for shouting, but... He's scarred me for life.

"Look Nikki, ever since I met you that first day of tour, I've just wanted you to be mine. Ever since we've been friends the feelings got stronger."

"Then we shouldn't be friends."

"Nikki-"

"Look, Sam. I just... I don't love you. I love Christian so much, nothing will change that. I know there's a girl out there for you, and that girl isn't me, my heart has been taken for longer than I've realized."

I slammed the door and stood there. Chris wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

"I know that was hard for you. You have such a big heart and breaking his wasn't fun, but he'll find someone, I promise."

I nodded and turned around so I was facing Chris. I put my hands on his chest and and stared into his eyes.

I definitely picked the right guy...

"You still make my heart beat a million miles an hour."

He smiled and I traced his jawline with my index finger.

"You're a beautiful human, you know that?" I asked and his eyes lit up.

"You're more beautiful, did you know that?"

I laid my head on his chest and smiled to myself.

Suddenly I don't feel bad about Sam anymore, because I have the only guy for me, he was made for me.

Later I woke up and apparently it's the next day. I looked around and immediately got confused.

This is my old house, not mine and Christian's house. I got out of bed and got dressed, then went downstairs.

"Mom I'm going to Christian's house." I said like it's a habit, why is this happening?

"Who's Christian? Is he a new friend from school?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head to make sure I heard her correctly, "What?"

"Who is he?"

My stomach dropped, "The guy I've been best friends with since I was 3?"

"Oh honey I would've known about that."

I shook my head and walked to Christian's house. This is so strange, it's like time... Reversed?

I knocked on his door and he opened it with a confused look.

"Can I help you?"

"Christian!"

"Woah, how do you know my name?"

"Okay what's going on? How come everyone is acting like you and I have never met? This isn't funny."

"I don't know what you're talking about, we've never met."

I shook my head and everything felt like it was falling apart around me. The corners of my eyes started going black and I felt warm tears run down my face.

"Nikki? Are you okay?" I opened my eyes to Christian sitting up and wiping tears off my face.

I nodded but my chin quivered and he wrapped his arms around me, "It was just a dream, it's okay."

A life without Christian is a life I don't want to live. He's my best friend, I don't know how I would've been the calm person I am now without him.