Chapter 11

I awoke to Colby being gone and the dining aide coming with my dinner.

"Excuse me, did you happen to see the man that was in here with me?" I asked.

"Yeah, he had to make a phone call."

"Thanks."

"Enjoy your dinner."

As I ate my dinner, Colby was outside talking to Joe.

"Dude, you're coming to Virginia, right?" Joe asks.

"Yeah, I don't want to leave her but she understands."

"Sounds a lot like Chel."

"How are they?" He asked Joe.

"My daughter is three years old and terrorizing everyone. Seriously dude, she needs a playmate."

"You better get working on that."

"OH HELL NO! I ain't having anymore until I know I'll be around to play with them. It's either you or Jon this time."

"Excuse you, what?"

"Okay fine, then it's gonna be Jon having a baby with some random chick."

"Hey, I might be the first of the three of us to think of marriage."

"WHAT... THE... FUCK?" Joe asked.

"At some point, Even once she gets past stage one of the chemo and whatever, I'm seriously thinking of asking Lindsay to marry me."

"Dude, you seriously took too many blows to your head. You barely know this girl."

"I know, Joe. She's so totally unlike all the other privileged prima donnas back there. Hell, Mike is marrying Maryse. Dan and John are dating the only twins in this god forsaken sport. I wouldn't want AJ or Kaitlyn..." Colby says shuddering at the last part.

"I think Tensai is eyeing the funkadactyls." Joe said.

"Jo is dating Justin Gabriel." Colby replied.

"No way in hell I'd touch Vickie Guerrero." Joe said.

"Besides, Lindsay and I are so amazing together. One of the nurses even saw us and said we were cute."

"Man, I hope to God you know what you're doing."

"As soon as they find out how bad the cancer is, I'm going to talk to Steph and Paul."

"You realize if you fall hard for this girl, it could end us,"

"She's worth every last minute of my life."

"You really got it bad for her, huh?"

"You have no idea, Joe."

"Oh, Jon wants to tell you something, hang on a sec."

"Rollins,"

"Yeah, what do you want Ambrose?"

"Do you ever think we can call each other Jon and Colby?" Jon said laughing

Colby laughed.

"Yeah maybe, what do you want, Man?"

"I want to wish your girl a speedy recovery."

"I got an idea. She gets Tout on her Ipad. Tell everyone around the locker room to tout a message for her so she can read them while she's here. She's gonna need a lot of support."

"Yeah, why's that?"

"Initial round of chemo is intense and lasts six months then radiation for another six."