Chapter 59

I awoke the next morning on the bus wanting nothing more than to puke. Colby held my hair back for me as I crouched over a bucket. Esme had the girls sleeping.

"First time drinking, Love?" he asked.

"Yup." I said, leaning back against him.

"It doesn't get any easier when you're older. Believe me."

I snuggled close to him for the entire day.  I got up later that night almost everything was set for the wedding, I took one look at the man sleeping next to me. I couldn't sleep, I was nervous. I was a mother at 20 and getting married. I wasn't even legal to drink in most states. I kept thinking to myself if this was the only thing for me. I got out of bed and went to the window.

"Dear God, I'm sorry to bother you but I need some assistance. I know I'm not the best child You have but honestly, I don't know what to do. I love him. I love my babies I just am lost right now. Anything You can do or say to help me, would be much appreciated. I love you and thank you, Father."

Going back to the bed we share, I snuggled against Colby for the last time as Lindsay Sutton. Tomorrow, I was going to be Lindsay Joy Lopez. I didn't know what to think. I just attempted to breathe slowly and comfortably as I fell asleep. There in my dream, stood my grandparents.
"Lindsay, we love you so much. We're happy you found a light in your life that we could not fill. He and his family are wonderful. You deserve so much that we couldn't give you for the simple purpose of our health and age couldn't help. We miss you. We love you."
I could feel my grandparents kissing my forehead. It was like I never wanted to wake from my dream. I awoke to Niella crying. I got up and so did Colby.
"I got her, Bug. Go back to sleep."
I felt him get up and I tried to go back to sleep. Instead, I walked to the girls' cribs and watched Colby with Niella.
"My precious little angel, Mommy and I love you both so much. I'm amazed at how well you both handle the bus rides. Mommy had a hard road with you girls and I've never been so proud of all three of you. You and Leni for hanging on during that time and your mommy for beating that time. I'm so thankful for you all and I wouldn't trade a single moment as a dad or soon a husband for anything that could be given to me..."
I stood there listening to him talk to our daughter like she could understand him. Sometimes, I wonder if my grandparents did that with me.
"Leni and you are the second n third best things to ever happen to me. Your mom was and will always be the first. Tonight she went to spend some more time with her friends. They spoil her sometimes. All I know is we both love you both so much."
He kissed Niella's forehead as she drifted back to sleep. Laying her in her crib, I saw him walk toward me.
"How long were you standing there?" he asked.
"Not long. I just know you love us."
"With all my heart, Bug."
I looked at Niella and Colby and kissed them both before I went back to sleep. The next day, I thought it was weird that Colby woke me up with kisses. Today was going to be the last day we would be together before the wedding. I took the girls with me as Colby got the final fitting for his tux. Jon met him at the door.
"Is Co-Jack ready for his final fitting for shackles?" He asked.
I laughed.
"Oh, so now I'm shackles?"
"Nope. You, I like. Leigha would've been shackles. You, dear, are a blessing. You're happiness for him. Now, I just gotta get him to the fitting."
I smiled. Jon saw Elena in her crib.
"There's my Leniboo."
He picked her up and cuddled her, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. Then, he picked up Ella.
"My precious angels."
He kissed her quick as well as Colby came down in jeans and a black t-shirt.
"I'm ready to do this, Jon."
Jon laughed.
"I hope so."
I sat there trying not to laugh. Jon and Colby kissed both girls before they left.
"I love you, Bug." Colby said to me.
"I love you back," I said.
Both men left as I kicked back for the moment watching television. Both babies slept soundly as I heard my cell phone ring.
"Hey, Lindsay." She said.
"Hello, Kathy." I responded.
"I'm just telling you how proud of you I am. You're amazing. I wish I could have handled what you do."
I smiled.
"Thank you."
"I wanted to tell you I screwed up and I would change how I was in a heartbeat if I could."
"I appreciate it."