Chapter 18

During the night, Lindsay looks over at Colby. His eyes open and he stares at her.

"Dang your eyes make me melt..." Lindsay says.

"Oh, they do, huh?" Colby asks.

"You could have any woman in the universe you want. You're handsome, popular and I don't know why you keep me."

"I keep you because I don't want anyone else."

Lindsay smiled over to him.

"Do you want me to cuddle with you, Bug?"

"Yes, please."

He, in his socks and jean shorts, walked over to her and snuggled close to her.

"Ya know, I never did like hospital gowns, Linds." Colby said.

"Your body, umm..."

"Yes?"

She hides her face in a pillow.

"Oh no you don't, Lindsay Joy. You say what you're going to say."

Looking at his torso, she stutters.

"Y-y-y-you l-l-l-look...umm..."

"Yeah, what do I look like?" He asked.

"A GREEK GOD!" she blurted.

He laughed and kissed her.

"I do not but thank you. Amazingly, in that gown of yours you could go to one hell of a toga party."

She stares at him blankly.

"I call you a god and you tell me I look like I'm wearing a toga. Thanks."

He looks at her.

"You know I was kidding,"

"Doesn't make this look any less horrible."

"You're right."

"I don't want to wear this. I don't want to feel like this."

She sniffles.

"Lindsay," Colby says sliding into her bed with her. "You're beautiful, if to no one else, to me."

"Tell me why I don't feel like it."

He looks at her.

"It's because you, mi amor, should be dancing. You need to live, to laugh and to love. When was the last time you truly and deeply laughed."

"The day at the salon with Jo. I never had a female friend before her."

"Do you feel different?"

"Absolutely."

"Explain how."

"With Sara, you, Jo, Justin and the entire roster rooting for me, I feel like I could kill a monster."

"Could you answer something honestly to me?"

"I can try."

"Why was Chris Jericho wanting to tear out my throat?"

"It's because he's my birth father."

Colby looked at her.

"Why did he choose now to find you?"

"From what I heard him tell Sara; Kathy drunk called him and told him everything. He's married to a wonderful woman named Jessica. I have three siblings. I don't know how to process all of this. My grandparents hid me from them my whole life and I want to know what makes me special now and why I wasn't special then."