Chapter 49

On camera, Triple H and Stephanie grinned evilly. The members of the Shield stood stunned, looking at each other.

"What the fuck, Orton? We know those aren't your kids." Ambrose said.

I looked at Paul.

"What is this?"

He just winked at me.

"This is better for business. Exposing your secrets, Miss Lindsay."

I knew then that they intended to be like this until I left. Colby knew the twins were ours. He told me he loved me. I prayed he meant it.

"Everyone, calm down, okay. This is not the place to do this," Brie said.

"Where would you rather have it, Briana?" Stephanie asked. "In the delivery room when she gives birth?"

I started hyperventilating. This couldn't be real. I prayed,  no matter if it was scripted or not, that they didn't mean any of this. Colby stood up to Randy. The height difference wasn't noticeable until they stood shoulder to shoulder.

"Leave my family alone." Colby said in a low tone.

"What are you gonna do, Rollins, Huh? Are you gonna take me out, huh Soldier Boy?"

Randy pushed Colby. I started to shake, I wanted to get involved. I couldn't.

"Leave him alone, Randy. These aren't your kids." I said.

"Prove it!"

"You weren't in the club that night." I said icily.

"Ha ha, Honey. I got this. You're emotional right now. I'm sorry. I didn't come to fight with you. If you want him, you can have him. Oh wait, the picture I took of you two. I knew something funny was going on with you two. I'll leave you be. Oh, by the way..."

He walked over to me.

"Hope you like seeing your baby daddy in the hospital."

Randy then RKO'ed Colby. I looked on in shock. Stephanie laughed.

"Did you really think he'd be leaving here with you? Ha, now that's funny."

I sat there as Stephanie and Paul left. I rushed, for what I could, to Colby's side.

"Por Siempre, Mi Amor." (Forever, my love) I said to him.

"I know. I love you too." He said back to me as Daniel and Tyson tried getting him standing.

Brie looked at me.

"Are you okay? I swear some people don't have any tact."

"I will be."

Colby went outside, I followed.

"What was that?" he asked me.

"I don't know. they're evil. All of them. I want to leave. I don't wanna be here anymore."

I could feel the tears falling. Colby loaded the gifts into his car with help from Joe and Jon.

*****

 We went back to our home. I smiled looking at him as we loaded the presents we received into the room. After, we went to a hotel for the night. Tomorrow starts the renovations/shopping. Colby, Joe, Jon and a few others were coming to help with the house. In turn, the girls were treating me to lunch and shopping so the guys could get the work done. Brie and Nikki came to pick me up the next morning as they dropped off Daniel and John.

"It's weird. we're close and the guys are close but onscreen, we all hate each other." I said.

Brie laughed.

"I know right." Nikki said.

Nikki, Brie and I all went to pick up a few others.

*******

 Looking at all the boxes, the packaging and everything else, Colby looked at the bare walls painted in sage green. He looked at some of the decorations he purchased and put up first the names in pink and white lettering one name for each crib. Within ten minutes he had "NIELLA" over one half of the wall and "ELENA" on the other side. He heard a knock at the door.

"I'm coming."

He opened the door to find Jon, Joe and Cody at the door.

"What are you doing here, guys?"

"First came to see if you n Lindsay were alright and then came to help you assemble this room."

Joe looked around and just saw the lettering.

"This is all you did,isn't it?" He asked.

"That douchebag Orton RKO'ed me through a damn table. I ain't moving all that fast."

"That was some f'ed up bullshizz, Man." Joe said.

"I know but hey. It's life. Anyway, feel free to go through and find something to build, install or just pick up a paint brush and start detailing."

The four men set off to do the room. I was wandering around a childrens store.

"Hi can I help you?" The male clerk asked.

Nikki smiled.

"She's pregnant." Nikki said

"I can see this. Do you need anything for them?"

"A side by side stroller would be awesome."

He took us to look at them.

******

The room looked decent with the cribs, rocking chair and the loveseat in it. The packages were against a wall and all three men were looking at the dresser.

"This doesn't look right." Joe said.

"What do you mean?"

"It's not the same shade of green."

"So?"

"I'm not stylish but this doesn't look right."

"They're babies, they won't notice."

"Lindsay will,"

"She won't mind."

"Pregnant women always notice."

"It'll be fine. We can repaint it later."

Colby's cell rang.

"Lopez."

"Are you okay, Man?"

"Randy, this ain't the time."

"I will relent, I promise."

Lesson to learn: Never trust a snake.