Chapter 56

[Hey everyone, I wanted to say this is finally the last regular chapter of this inaugural Shield Fan Fic. I hope y'all liked it and keep your eyes peeled for the next story in the QUADRILOGY..yes, quadrilogy. The fourth story ties all three of these together and will presumably be shorter. The second story I prefaced between chapters 34 and 35 called Tarnished Armor. The story reveals more about Clarissa Jerrett and her daughter Maxie. Stayed tuned. It's gonna blow your mind. ~LG~]

After being released from the hospital, beautiful baby girls in Colby's arms, we returned to our home in Kentucky. That night, I looked through whatever bridal guides, online catalogs, and several designers to find the perfect dress for our wedding. WWE, primarily Paul and Steph, said they'd pay for the wedding.
"It's our reward to you for surviving this storyline. It had to be hell onscreen uncomfortable and pregnant so please accept this as a bonus for a job well done." Paul said to us.
Colby looked at him.
"Thank you." He said.
"As long as you're going to be happy with it." Steph said.
I looked around the home Colby and I had together and smiled to myself. Colby looked at me.
"What, pray tell, are you thinking about, Bug?"
"Our wedding. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I want to wear. I want to look amazing but I don't want it to cost an arm and leg. Paul and Steph were gracious to pay for this for us. I want it to be perfect."
"It will be. I'm sure you'll find what you want."
"Honestly, Sweetheart," I started. "As long as I'm with you, I'd wear blue jeans and a Shield T-shirt."
He laughed.
"You know you want to look beautiful for the camera."
"I'd rather be beautiful for you."
"Honey, you couldn't have been more beautiful than when in that delivery room."
"I passed out on you."
"You were tired, drained and I can't blame you. You take your time figuring out what you want to do. You already know who my groomsmen are going to be and I'm sure you're gonna have a hell of a time picking bridesmaids."
"Yes, I am."
"Well, you get three and I'm not sure but I don't think you need them to be divas."
"Well, I don't want to pick Rissa and Chel just in case the Universe doesn't know they're taken."
"True."
"They already know Nikki and Brie are taken thanks to that tv show." I said.
"That reminds me, I'm thankful you turned that down. Holy crap, I couldn't envision you doing a Kim Kardashian televised birth."
"Hey, I actually got to meet her one time. She isn't all that bad."
"When was that?"
"The bar in Omaha when we went. She was in the bathroom with me. I got to see her lipstick. Who in their right minds spends 100 dollars on lipstick?"
Colby laughed.
"Kim Kardashian apparently."
"I feel bad spending six dollars on it."
"You'll look beautiful, Bug. I can guarantee that."
"Wanna know the best part?"
"What's that?"
"My dad might be able to give me away. I don't know if Fozzy will be touring."
"Don't get your hope up on that."
"I won't. If anything else, Dusty will do it again."
"You could get Cody."
"Nah, it's my day. No drama."
"True."
He kissed my forehead.
"I'm going to look in on the little ones then head to bed myself. I gotta be back out there tomorrow. Thankfully, it's in Memphis so it's not that far."
"We'll be watching."
He kissed my lips softly then headed down the hall. I started listening to some music to clear my head. Popping on my laptop, I put on some country. The first song wasn't country but it worked.
"I'm here without you baby but you're still with me in my dreams, but tonight it's only you and me..." He sang.
I started writing a list of music I wanted to hear at the ceremony and I wrote down this song. I went through some others. I stopped listening to a song. I thought of myself as it played.

"I can't live without you, Baby..."

Tim McGraw sounded so easy to my ears right now. I searched bridal gowns online. After about an hour, I thought it wasn't going to end. I got a call from a dear friend of mine.

"Hey, Darlin' how're you n the little ones doing?" He asked.
I sat back on the couch.
"Hey, Sweetie, I'm doin the best I can. Wedding shopping and what not."
His voice was sweet sounding. Next to Colby's his voice could put me to sleep, peacefully. His drawl could make a woman melt.
"What did you decide on for a dress, Darlin'?"
"I want simple but pretty."
He smiled.
"You'll find it, Darlin. I know you will."
"Thanks, Cody."
"Did you find someone to give you away yet?"
"No. My dad called me and told me he wouldn't be able to. I won't ask your dad after the last time. Would Dustin do it?"
"Not as Dustin, Darlin'. Sorry."
"I figured."
He laughed through the phone. It made me smile.
"I miss you."
"I sense someone has a crush."
"I always did, until I met Colby."
"I figured."
"I'm curious why you never tried dating me." I asked.
"Simple. I thought of you as my little sister. Imagine how much shit I would have gotten for that."
"True."
"Besides, you & Rollins are better suited for each other. You're both crazy spastic geniuses."
"Lord help me when the girls get to be spazzes."
His laugh was precious.
"How's Brandy?"
"She's doing good. Modeling in Monaco for Vogue of all things."
"Bet that's going good."
"I want to have a family soon. She can't because of the modeling. It sucks."
"You know, you could hire a surrogate."
"Nah, I don't want to involve another soul in this. I'll just wait until she wants one."
I took the cell phone with me into the girls room and looked in on them. Each one slept peacefully. Walking out of their room,
I sighed contently.
"What was that for?"
"I'm appreciating my happy accidents. I love both of those babies. I couldn't envision my life without them."
"That's a good thing. Does Rollins think the same way?"
"I'd like to think so. With him, I'd never be certain."
As I talked to Cody, Colby walked in by me in his boxer briefs, topless.
"Are you coming to bed anytime soon? I miss snuggling with you."
"I'm on my way, Soldier." I said. "Cody, I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you soon."
"Alright, Sweetie. Good night."
I went into our room, changed into my tank top and shorts and curled up next to Colby.
"Are you happy, Honey?" He asked me.
"I'm happy to be here with you for a few days."
"You and the girls should come back with me."
"I want to."
"Then come on already. We can plan the wedding and things better that way."
I smiled.
"It would be awesome to go with you. I miss you, the guys and Lay, Brie, and Nikki."
"Then, pack by the end of the week. We're heading out on the bus cuz we're in Lexington Friday."
I curled up next to him.
"If I don't tell you enough, I love you."
He smiled, kissing my forehead.
"Forever, mi corazon."
The next day saw Colby, the girls and I go to a jewelry store first. Colby, after being irritated with himself, decided it was time I had a proper engagement ring. I still debated over who I wanted to be my bridesmaids. Everything seemed rushed but I was happy. We're getting married in Omaha not on tv and when we got the time off again. I had nothing but the church set. Colby's uncle would precide over the ceremony. The reception would be at a reserved restaurant and we decided since our families were small to invite our WWE friends too. Sadly, my father couldn't attend as he was over in London touring. We walked into the jewelry store and looked for a bit at rings. There we were visited by a semi familiar face.
"Hello, young man. It's nice to see you again." The old woman said.
Colby, shocked, looked at her.
"Do I know you?"
"We were in this very mall about ten months ago. You were dating a beautiful young lady."
"I remember you. How are you?" He asked.
"I'm not doing so good. Doctors told me I shouldn't be out real late, I forget where I live."
"That's sad."
"Are you still with your young lady?"
"I am. We're getting married."
"That's wonderful. Where is she? I'd like to say hello."
I stood in front of her.
"Hello, Ma'am."
"Hello. I wanted to say you look beautiful."
A tear came to her eye as she looked at me.
"Please don't cry."
"Oh, no worries, dear. I'm fine. You just remind me of myself and my darling husband, Charles. He died last year."
"I'm sorry to hear that."
"I'm not. He lived a wonderfully filled life. We have five children, fifteen grandchildren and are blessed with a great grandchild on the way."
She had a look on her face that held a story.
"I never truly knew of anyone whose life mirrored mine," she said to me.
I looked at her. Beneath her aged skin and silvery white hair, lay eyes that were the prettiest blue I could have never imagined and within those eyes, lain a twinkle that was hard to hide. Ella started to cry in her carrier. The woman looked at them. Elena smiled away.
"They're such angels." She said.
"Thank you." I responded.
She smiled at me.
"I don't know if you'll take this but it's brought me the best luck in my marriage, I hope it brings you the same."
She took off the ring on her left hand.
"It's not much but none of my children would take it."
The diamond was small and a simple solitaire. I looked at it, then at the woman.
"I can't take this ring. It means so much to you."
"It would mean more to me if you kept it." She said.
I placed it on my finger next to my eternity promise ring. The promise ring far outshone the simple engagement ring but somehow, I liked it more. Colby looked at it, then at me, then to her.
"It's better than anything I could have picked. Do you like it?" He asked.
"I love it."
He tried to offer the woman money for it, but she wouldn't accept.
"Like I said, no one in my family wanted it. I'd rather let someone have it, instead."
Colby smiled.
"At least, let us four take you to lunch for it."
She smiled sweetly to us and graciously accepted. We went to a local restaurant and chatted. I learned that the woman's name was Marilyn.
"I have a question for you, Ma'am." I said
"What is it, Sweetie?"
"Seeing as none of my family can attend my wedding, I'd love it if you could." I said smiling
Her smile made my heart melt.
"I'd be delighted. When is it?"
"Two weeks from today."
"My you're cutting it close, aren't you?"
"We work on television so we have to do things on their schedule."
"I see."
"It's sad really but as long as I love him, it doesn't matter when or where. As long as we get married, that's what matters to me."
"That is truly what matters the most."
She looked at her watch.
"Please excuse me, I need to go."
"Thank you for everything."
"You're welcome and we'll see you in two weeks."

 (Ring at right is Lindsay's engagement ring!)