Chapter 17

Chris strides in as Sara looks at him.

"Why aren't you on tour?"

"My daughter is in the hospital. I came to see if it's true."

Lindsay opens her eyes and sees a man standing in front of her.

"Who's this?"

"Hello, Lindsay, my name is Christopher Irvine. I'm your father."

Lindsay looked at him. She noticed her eyes were the same as his. She didn't want to think hard on the prospect of her father being there with them. Sara looked at him.

"You do realize this is going to be a shock to her."

"I know this. That's why I'm here. Kathy never was stable. I was a young man when her father sat me down and explained to me that I had a daughter to think about raising. I panicked. I ran. It's no excuse but it's something deeply saddening yet miraculous to see you have a daughter and heartbreaking to know she's in a hospital."

Lindsay sat up in front of him.

"Why didn't you try to find me? Why didn't you try to save me?"

"I was young and on the road so much, that's no way to raise a small child. Your grandmother looked at my actions as admirable but wanted your mother to own up to her responsibility. I, sadly, had little knowledge of you after I went to WCW. I'm so very sorry for that."

Iyanla sat next to Lindsay.

"You came just in time, it looks like." Iyanla said. "She needs someone to love her."

Walking up to Lindsay's bedside, Chris stared down at the auburn haired angel.

"Yeah, she's my kid, alright, you got the figure, my eyes, my talents and probably my mic skills."

"She also was a high flyer."

"Now that is astonishing. You are a chip off the block."

Sara and Iyanla look at each other than at Chris and Lindsay. Skeptical, Iyanla looks at Chris.

"Why did he come now to see her?"

"I'm guessing because he realized that a) he has a family of his own now and felt something missing or b) they crossed paths and he didn't know. Either way for as unstable as her mother is I can probably say that her grandparents didn't want her to follow this life. They wanted her to be a doctor or something totally not related to the industry."

"I can understand why."

Chris looked down at Lindsay.

"So have you worked on a gimmick yet? Sara tells me you're in FCW."

"Well, I got the call to be on NXT. I'm in development. They had me audition for a member of the Shield..."

Being a typical father, Chris looks at Lindsay.

"No. No. No, A thousand times, hell no."

Skeptically, Lindsay looked at Chris.

"They scrapped the idea."

"I see. Those guys aren't anything to mess with, Lindsay."

"They seem really nice  when I talk to them."

Chris looked at her.

"Which one are you dating?" He asks.

Lindsay changes the subject.

"Do you have any other children?" She asks.

Chris smiles.

"I do. I married Jess, my wife, in 2000. She puts up with me being on the road a lot. She knew I was coming here before my tour. I explained a lot to her about my past. You have a brother who's ten and twin sisters who are seven. I'd love to take you sometime to meet them all."