Chapter 27

After finishing in Victoria's Secret, the five of us left. I looked at Colby, waiting to find out where we were going. Chel's phone started ringing.

"Oh my god, this guy needs to leave me the fuck alone!"

Joe raised an eyebrow.

"Who is it?"

Chel sighed heavily.

"It's Adam. I can't avoid him forever. I need to answer this."

"If he causes you grief, hand me the phone."

Joe looked at me.

"Maya's biological father." He said in a whisper.

"Oh."

"It's a long story, I'll tell you sometime."

"If you want to, no rush." I said back to him.

"All three of us have a long story to tell that never makes it to TV. Mine is the most interesting, Colby's is the most heartbreaking and Dean's is the weirdest."

I look at Colby for a brief second laughing, holding Maya. I envision him as a husband and father. I wanted to cry. I wanted to be his everything. His wife, mother to his children, the one who sees him old and gray. It killed me. I looked up at heaven and felt arms around me.

"Whatcha thinking, Bug?"

"Nothin much,"

He kissed my neck.

"Where's Maya?" I asked.

"With Joe and Chel. They're going to Chuck E Cheese's. It's up to you if we go."

"Mmm, Pizza."

He chuckled in my ear.

"I'll be doing that later once I see you in whatever you bought."

"You're gonna call me Pizza?"

"No, something else but you got the idea."

I laughed when I listened to him talk. It was one of the only times I thought his accent was cute. When he spoke, Colby had a slight accent. Half Mexican and half Midwestern. It made me chuckle and was definitely different than Seth Rollins' aggressive intimidating voice. His voice around me, Maya and Michelle sounded gentle and kind. Around Joe, he'd be loud and one of the guys. I smiled thinking of it.

"What has you smiling?" Colby asked.

"You."

"Oh, really? What about me?"

"How you are with Maya."

"She's one reason why I love being in the Shield. With us, it's an unspoken brotherhood. You really wanna see cute, you should see her with Jon. That's a match made in heaven. It's why we tease him mercilessly about having kids of his own."

I sighed. Colby, as if he knew why, put his arm around me.

"Our time will come, Bug. Don't worry." Then he kissed my cheek.

I smiled at the thought. As scary as it would be, I knew Colby would be by my side.

*****

If you never see three men and a little girl in a place like Chuck E Cheese's, you'd miss out on some of the happiest times ever. Chel and I sat at a booth and watched.

"So, how long have you known, Colby?"

I blushed.

"I'd say a month, maybe two."