Chapter 26

Holding my hand, Colby took me to Hot Topic.

"Are you going to find what you came for here?"

"Between the next two stores, I hope so."

He laughed. Smiling, he thought of the box and the frog he had just purchased.

We stood in front of the Hot Topic store. I went in and looked through the graphic tees. I found a few I liked. One said "Keep calm and kill zombies" another was a ouija board. Colby looked at me strangely.

"Why do you want a zombie killer shirt?"

"The Zombie Apocalypse. Besides it's better than Legend Killer, isn't it?"

I found another shirt that says "I have nothing to wear". I showed it to Colby.

"I'm sure you'd have something, you might steal it from me."

"Don't you know that the boyfriend look is in right now?" I teased.

Colby just looked at me. A white tank top was in front of me. I looked at it.

"Soldier,"

"Whatcha want to show me?"

"This... shirt... is... epic!"

I showed him a white tee shirt with guns and roses on it. He had no clue what to say. When I picked up a shirt that says "Mustaches are awesome" he smirked.

"Yes. Yes, they are."

I pulled out a shirt.

"I'm getting this one for sure. It says Keep Calm and Dream Big."

Colby looked at me and proceeded to check out guy clothes. I made my way to dresses.  I found a black dress with leopard printing on it. I grabbed it in my size and continued looking. I made my way to the lingerie section. I looked around for Colby and his back was to me. I hurriedly grabbed a black lace thong, a black n pink thong and a black bandeau bra and ran to the counter. Colby looked at me weirdly as he placed two shirts and a pair of boxers on the counter. I gulped hard when the cashier rang up the everything. Colby paid and we left.

"What did you get that you don't want me to see?"

"Underwear."

"You know I am going to see them eventually."

I blushed as he smirked.

"One last place then we're eating. I'm starving. I can hear my stomach barking."

"Don't stomachs growl, Soldier?"

"Bug, mine is barking at me to eat. Plus, don't forget I'm a hound of Justice."

"I can't forget and that would explain the stomach bark. Do you usually eat a lot?"

"Usually not mall food, however if you take to my mom's and she has the traditional Mexican food layout, then I can't stop eating."

"Why?"

"Well, it's my mom's cooking. You don't get that on the road too often."

"I miss my grandma's cooking. She made the best country dinner ever. My grandpa would sit there and fill up on chicken, biscuits and whatever else my grandma made."

Colby looked at me.

"Can you cook?"

I smiled at him.

"You bet your sweet ass in them jeans, I can."

He smiled as I said that. We walked past a bookstore. I noticed a book I wanted.