Chapter 12

The next hour or so, Colby cuddled next to me. Usually, the nurses didn't allow it because of IVs and whatever else but knowing we didn't have any other time, they made an exception this one time. Iyanla came in to check on me several times that day, despite the time of day it was. He kissed my forehead.

"Hey, Bug. Welcome back to the land of the living."

"How long did I pass out on you for this time?"

"About an hour or two, I'd give it. It's okay. You're in pain. I'd probably be curled in a ball screaming for my mom if I had to endure that."

I smiled, fighting back tears. I knew my time with him dwindled down and I knew Sara would be here by tomorrow morning.

"What has you upset, Bug?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"I know when you're upset, it's not 'nothing'. Tell me what's upsetting you."

"I'm running out of time with you. I'm busy being sick. Why can't I not be sick? Why was I picked to have this disease?"

"You know something, Bug, I learned a lot in my years in the ring. You get chosen for things because you're strong enough to endure them. Look at me. I gave up Ring of Honor's championship to go to NXT. I became NXT champion and left that to be in the Shield. If I hadn't left all of those other things and not joined the Shield, I wouldn't have bumped into you."

I smiled, sniffling. He was right. I hated it when he was right. He smiled down at me and kissed my head.

"You know something, your hair... it's gonna fall out but it'll grow back. Who knows, maybe you'll be a half and halfer like me."

"Why did you dye half your hair blonde?"

"Gimmick on NXT. I look like Rogue from X-Men."

I laughed.

"Maybe I'll just straight up dye this half," he says pointing to the black hair.

"What color would you make it?"

"I don't know. My natural hair color is this mud brown color."

I giggled.

"Like mine was before the dye job."

"Yup. We'd be two brunettes."

I looked at him.

"So help me, Soldier, you dye your hair any other colors, I'mma call you Cotton Candy Head."

"You wouldn't."

"You're right, I wouldn't." I smiled at him.

"Hey, I know it's not anything major but when you were sleeping, I put some surprises on your Ipad for you."

In a voice mimicking Damien Sandow's, he looked at me.

"You're welcome."

I chuckled.

"It's good to see you in high spirits, Bug."

"I have to be something other than depressed. I can't be, around you. You bring out a lot of genuine smiles and laughter in me."

He just looked at me.

"They've always been there. They've just been tucked underneath a lot of pain and sadness. Tell me something, who else makes you laugh?"

I looked at the TV.

"Let's see, Daniel Bryan makes me laugh a lot when I watched him and the whole 'yes' thing. I know you're going to cringe but John Cena and the 'Never Give Up' attitude makes me work harder. Randy Orton has some eyes that, if I weren't your girl, would make me melt. I absolutely love the Bellas. I met one before I came here. I think it was Brie. Jo, of course, she's like my best friend. I'd love to meet Roman and Dean. There are a lot. I also have mad respect for Jerry Lawler. I'm glad he's back in the announce booth. CM Punk, I admire a lot. JBL makes me laugh, especially when talking to or about Michael Cole. Oh, one other guy but you'll be like 'WHY?' I know you will."