Chapter 28

After a fun evening, Colby and I went back to the hotel. Jon, at the restaurant, sighed heavily and fist bumped the other guys.

"I'm heading back to the hotel. I need sleep. Lindsay, Chel, nice seeing you both."

I looked sadly at Jon. I turned to Colby.

"I wish I knew someone so I could get him at least a date while he's here."

"The thing about Jon, Hon, is he invests his entire heart and soul in a woman and it turns around and somehow backfires."

"How?"

"The woman in question is either too blinded by who he is or was, completely oblivious to our work schedule or just plain insane."

"Really?"

"Yup. I love the guy like a brother but his taste in women..."

"Far from kosher?"

"Far from normal, more like."

"Explain, if you would."

"Pretty much, Dean won't date a fan of this business. He's too 'by the book' for that."

I looked at him oddly.

"What do you mean by that?"

"We have rules in this business. One major rule: No Dating A Fan. They, the WWE, doesn't want any fan claiming a superstar/diva was inappropriate with them."

"I understand. Then explain Chel."

"Chel is a daughter of a friend of his dad's. It's hard to explain but she was a promoter for this business while her father was still living."

'What was Jon's problem?"

"Other than investing in women who are fully invested with him, nothing."

"I have an idea. What about Clarissa?"

"The girl from the mall,"

"Yeah the one who helped us, She didn't even recognize you so I don't think she even knows what wrestling actually is. She may not know."

"Let's go back tomorrow and find out, Hon."

I smiled at my plan. I hoped that it would solve Jon's girl problem.  The next day, we returned to the mall. We went into Vanity. Clarissa looked at us.

"Back again, huh? Did he rip any dresses off of you?"

"No, he isn't that type..." I looked at her. "...yet."

She giggled.

"What can I do for you this time?"

"I'm looking for corporate."

"So an outfit that pretty much says you're ready to take on corporate America."

"Yeah,"

"Absolutely. Let me whip up something for you. Gimme a sec."

She went to the back for a minute. Clarissa returned with an outit made for Lindsay.

"Try this on and tell me what you think."

I looked at the outfit and smiled wide. I went into the fitting room and tried it all on smiling. Colby spoke to Clarissa.

"I can't wait to see this look on her. I'm gonna snap a pic of her and send it to my boss."

"Absolutely, I understand," she said.

I came out and showed them.

"What do you think?"