Epilogue

He stood there with nothing but a smile on his face as I got ready to walk to the aisle. My father kissed my cheek as he lowered my veil. The string quartet started to play A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. As a gift to us, Stephanie contacted her record company and got Christina to sing it for us.

"I'll do it. I've never sang one of my own songs at a wedding." She said.

"Thank you," Stephanie said.

I stood there breathing deep. As my father and I walked down the aisle, I thought back to all the things Colby and I went through over this entire 16 months of our relationship including Leukemia and my pregnancy and started to mist under my veil. I wanted to cry and could feel the tears falling from my eyes. My father looked at me holding tightly to my hand.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

"Yeah, I am." I said.

As we approached the front of the church, I saw Paul and Steph smiling. I saw Trin and Ariane. I saw most of the roster scattered over the church. I walked past Esme who sat with her parents. Marta was holding Elena and Esme was holding Niella. Happiness filled me as Christina sang. Each step brought me closer to my knight in shining armor. As the song ended, I made my way to Colby. My father turned me around to face him and lifted my veil. Kissing my cheek, he said I loved you first and I will always love you, Sweetheart. Colby took my hand and we walked up the three stairs. Colby's uncle looked at us, his silvery hair shining in the barely there light of the church.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and these witnesses to join Colby and Lindsay in holy matrimony. Marriage is an institution from God that starts back in Genesis upon the creation of Man. God said 'It is not right for Man to be alone..."

I stood there, nervous as the minister kept talking.

"Would you bow your heads to pray?" He said.

Everyone started praying. My thoughts still kept racing.

"In Your Son's Holy Name, Amen." The minister said before lifting his head.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" He asks.

"I do." My dad says. He turned around to go sit back with Jess.

"You may all be seated. As a gift to the bride and groom, our soloist has chosen to sing once more."

Christina started singing "Amazing Grace" as I looked at Colby with tears in my eyes to see tears forming in his. He mouthed the words I love you to me as he swiped his left eye. After she finished singing, the minister started speaking.

"I charge you both, as you stand in God's presence, to remember that love and loyalty alone will serve as the foundations of a happy and enduring home. If the solemn vows which you are about to make are kept permanently, and if you steadfastly seek to do the will of your Heavenly Father, your life will be full of peace and joy, and the home which you are establishing will abide through every change.

"Colby and Lindsay, you have made a very serious and important choice to marry each other today. You are entering into a sacred covenant as life partners in God. The quality of your marriage will reflect what you put into nurturing this relationship. You have the opportunity to go forward from this day to create a faithful, kind, and tender relationship. We bless you this day. It is up to you to keep the blessings flowing each and every day of your lives together. We wish for you the wisdom, compassion, and constancy to create a peaceful sanctuary in which you can both grow in love.

Colby, do you understand and accept this responsibility, and do you promise to do your very best each day to create a loving, healthy, and happy marriage?" the minister asked.