Chapter 16

Emerging from sleep, Lindsay awakens to Sara and Iyanla talking.

"I have no clue what she was doing here but honestly, I don't care either. I don't want Lindsay being stressed right now." Iyanla said.

"I have a surprise coming for her." Sara said.

Iyanla smiled.

"She needs something great to happen."

"It will. I actually think it'll do her good."

Lindsay moved in her bed.

"How long this time?"

"This time was a whopper, four hours but you needed it."

Lindsay yawned and moved.

"Is it possible I can sit at the table today and maybe get freshened up, I don't want to look like a ragamuffin anymore."

Iyanla smiled and got Lindsay out of bed and led her carefully to the shower.

"I'll be outside," Sara says.

**********

Jon, Joe and Colby all get into their seats on the plane. Flying in first class meant never having to suffer a cramp in their legs, always getting food and headphones for whatever they needed. Colby pulled out his kindle and checked if Lindsay was online through her Ipad. He left her a message in text.

"Bug, I'm on a plane right now with Jon and Joe. We're going on vacation. I love you."

"Dude don'tcha think you should have told her we were coming to see her?" Joe asks.

"That would ruin the surprise."

"What if she thinks you're leaving her?" Joe asks.

Colby quickly erases the message. Unfortunately, it doesn't erase.

"CRAP! I gotta tell her I'm coming to see her!" Colby says.

Jon, ever resourceful, looks at Colby.

"Dude, I got this."

Jon texts Lindsay.

"Lindsay, you might not remember me as we were never introduced. I'm Jon, a friend of Colby's and Dean Ambrose of the Shield. Listen, what knucklehead was trying to say is: We're on our way to see you. We intended for it to be a surprise but Dodo Bird here messed it up big time. Don't blame him, blame the fact that Mark Henry took his revenge and sent him flying into a guard rail. He loves you and wants to see you. He even has a gift for you."

Colby face palms.

"Why did you tell her that?"

"You do have a present for her. You just don't have it with you yet."

Colby looked at him.

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Do you trust me?" Jon asks.

"Yeah."

"Then have faith in me, would ya?"

"Okay, I trust you."

Jon, Joe and Colby look through the Sky Mall catalog hidden in the seat pocket.

"Why are we looking at this?" Joe asks.

"Well, Colby needs an idea for a gift. What better idea to have than a catalog."

"How do you order out of this anyway?" Colby asks.

"I don't know but let's just skip to Ladies Jewelry."

"WHOA, WHOA WHOA! Jewelry? What. The. Hell?" Colby asks.

"Relax, Dude. I'm thinking a locket or something. What did you think I was looking at?"

"You know full well what I was thinking."

Joe looks at the both of them.

"Maybe I can invite Chel. I miss her."

"I'm sure Lindsay would like a friend right now." Colby said softly.

"Dude, why are you sounding sad?" Joe asks.

"I want to be a stand up kind of guy to her. She needs someone and I feel bad that I'm going across the world, away from her."

Joe puts his hand on Colby's shoulder.

"Welcome to the life, Man."

As those two talk, Jon looks through the catalog at the jewelry section. He sees a few pieces to show Colby.

"Dude, I know it's not much but I like this one." Jon says showing Colby a silver cross.

Colby looks at it and smiles.

"That's totally her."

Jon takes the catalog and shoves it in his carry on bag.

*********

Iyanla and Sara sit on either side of Lindsay's bed as a raucous erupts outside her door.

"LET ME SEE HER!" a female voice exclaims. Sara and Iyanla look at each other and bolt for the door.

"THAT'S MY DAUGHTER, YOU WORTHLESS SON OF A BITCH!! I NEED TO SEE HER, NOW!"

Sara and Iyanla look as Kathryn fights with the security guard.

"YOU FUCKERS CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I KNOW MY RIGHTS! I'M HER MOTHER, GOD DAMN IT!"

"Ma'am, you can't be in here. You've been banned."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?"

Iyanla presses the panic button and rushes to lock the door to Lindsay's room.

"YOU BITCHES DON'T THINK I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE WITH MY WORTHLESS KID? I KNOW SHE'S IN THERE!! ALL I WANTED WAS TO SEE HER! YOU KEPT HER FROM ME! I'M SUING YOU ALL UNTIL YOU'RE BLIND!"

Iyanla breathes deeply as Lindsay starts to stir.

"Wh-Wh-What's going on, Sara?" Lindsay says groggily.

"You relax, baby girl. We got you." Iyanla says.

"DON'T THINK I DON'T KNOW YOU EXIST IN THERE, LINDSAY JOY! I NEVER WANTED YOU ANYWAY! YOU STOLE MY LIFE!"

A police officer came from downstairs armed with a Taser.

"YOU CALLED THE COPS ON ME? WHAT THE FUCK? I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG EXCEPT WANT TO SEE MY WORTHLESS BRAT! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?"

Her words were slurred and at points, incomprehensible.

"Ma'am, you're going to have to leave."

"What if I don't leave, Fucker?"

The officer drew her taser and fired the prongs into Kathryn's ribcage. The charge of the electricity got Kathryn to her knees. The male officer then proceeded to restrain Kathryn. They then remove her from the room. Iyanla and Sara rushed to comfort Lindsay.

"It's okay, Baby girl. We're here."

"So am I." a male voice said standing in the doorway. Iyanla turned around and saw him standing. His frame resting in the door frame.

"Hello, Chris. Nice to see you again."

Sara stared at Chris.

"Who is it?" Lindsay said Weakly.

He walked towards her bed and smiled.

"Hello, Lindsay, I'm your father."