Chapter 48

The next morning, I awoke to Colby sleeping awkwardly in a hospital chair. I took my Ipad from my purse and snapped a picture of him. Laughing softly to myself, I captured a video,

"Hospital stays, I better get used to them. However, mister man over there..."

I turned my Ipad to Colby.

"Had a rougher night. I love him too much. He got beat up, came here and then stayed the night. I guess he slept in the chair."

I saved the video for later and curled up in bed. A few more hours pass before the nurse comes into my room.

"Miss Sutton?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm here to discharge you."

"What do I have to do?"

"Per doctor's orders, you are to rest as much as you can until you give birth. No over stimulation or over exertion..."

Colby started moving and opened his eyes.

"Could you repeat those for me?" He asked.

"She needs to relax and rest as much as she can. No over exertion or stimulation. I'm going to notify doctors Sampson and Goran for follow ups and supervision."

"Thank you."

"You, Miss Sutton, are free to go."

I smiled, got out of the gown and put on a black tank top and gray sweatpants. Brie had grabbed them for me before getting Colby here.

"Honey, could you take a pic of the girls?"

He clicked a picture of my tummy. 

"I'm talking to Paul and Steph. I can't keep being on camera. It's making me sick."  I said.

Colby looked at me.

"I told you that you and the girls come first. I don't want you hurting."

I smiled.

"What are we gonna do with about a week off before we talk to them about the script?" I asked.

"We'll figure something out, Bug."

I looked at him and kissed his nose.

"I do have a surprise waiting for you though."

"Umm, ok."

We walked to the car. Someone was nice enough to bring Colby's to the hospital. He drove us to a house I had never seen and loved. I looked at him confused.

"Why are we here?"

He looked at me.

"Notice the sign?"

Over the "Coldwell Banker" sign was a banner that said "Sold".

"What? Why are we at someone else's house?" I asked.

"You don't get it, Linds. This is ours. We are now homeowners."

It was simple. A three bedroom home with brick outside. He walked me to the door and opened it. I tried to step foot over the doorway.

"Oh no, you don't!" He said picking me up and carrying me over the threshold. I looked at the simplicity of the house and just beamed. It was a ranch style house  I walked through every room. There were four. One for us, one for each girl when they were old enough and one guest room/office,  I just looked at Colby.

"Why did you buy this?"

"We need a house of our own in the middle of nowhere. We need to be able to raise the girls. Here on the Tennesse-Kentucky border. It's half way between Omaha and Jacksonville so we can go see your folks or mine whenever."