Chapter 15

[Author's note: HUGE shouts out to all the fans of mine who comment me ideas and opinions. I love and appreciate the input!! Keep watching, this is just the beginning.]

Sara looked at the woman.

"Excuse me, who are you again?"

"Kathryn Sutton Malvern. I am Lindsay's mother."

"Umm, no you're not. You were the woman who brought her into this world. From what she's told me, your idea of motherhood was allowing your own mother to take care of her while you decided to be the next whatever it was you were. Besides, how old are you?"

"Thirty five."

"You look like you're fifty easy."

Kathryn looked at Sara shocked.

"That was rude."

"You haven't seen a thing out of me yet. I work in an industry where you would be eaten alive by better looking and more successful people. People you couldn't envision within your daughter's lifetime. What made you come back into her life anyway? Was it the fact that your child was going to be famous so you decided to cash in on her? Was it the fact that she's sick and you're having a guilt complex would be appeased by simply stepping up now, nearly twenty years later? You missed her entire life. She excels at everything she does and it's not because of you."

"You don't understand, I was young..."

"So, You think you're special because you were a teenage mother? Look around you, you're not in a minority. You're a mainstream product now. Don't you watch television? There are girls cashing in on the fact they were idiots and slept with boys who couldn't give a shit less about them. Congratulations, you're a pioneer in stupidity. Your daughter fought hard for a lot of years to be the best at something that few women, let alone people, have been. Why don't you do yourself and Lindsay a favor and just go. You're not needed nor welcome here."

Kathryn looked at Sara.

"Well, well, well, I'm sick too, ya know. I just figured I would see her one last time."

"Sure, you are. You're just looking for sympathy or maybe a handout. Get out before I have you escorted,"

"You don't understand! Drugs ruined my life!" Kathryn said crying.

"Well, take your ruins somewhere else. They're not wanted here."

Kathryn just sobbed. A nurse looked at Sara.

"Do you need security?"

"Yes."

The nurse called a guard and the guard escorted Kathryn out as Sara made her way outside.  She pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number.

"Paul Levesque."

"Paul, it's Sara."

"Hey, what's happening?"

"It's Lindsay. Well, to be more specific, Her mother."

"What?"

"Yeah, her mother was here. I had security escort her."

"Was this before or after you went on a warpath?"

"After, Steph would have been proud of me."

"I'm sure. How is Lindsay?"

"The tests put her through the ringer. I'm making my way back to the room. I figured I'd give you any updates. Let Colby know. He's been asking about everything. I'm going to go back to the room."