An Unlikely Team

When our heroes arrived on the Duck Hunt (stage). Our old-school characters disguised themselves as their 8-bit selves while the newer one stood back. They saw a dog hunting ducks until the dog partnered up with a duck and they while known as Duck Hunt. Soon 8-bit Mario came (alongside 8-bit Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Luigi, and Pit) and asked Duck Hunt to join them until and everything went modern again and Duck Hunt jumped out the bushes.

Dog: Woof!

Duck: Quack!

Duck Hunt was running and did his Standard Attack on Samus, a Dash attack on Dr. Mario, Up Tilts on Kirby and Pac-Man, dodging Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch by using his Up Special Move, Duck Jump until the duck couldn't carry the dog any longer and so they were falling back to the stage. Then his used his Down Special Move, Wild Gunmen on Toon Link, using another Standard Attack on Shulk, implanted Ike in the ground using a Pitfall. Soon his did his Side Smash attack using the hidden, invisible zapper on Diddy Kong. He started doing his other smash attack on Wii Fit Trainer, then Link, then Mega Man. Fox started shooting his Blaster, which only gave Duck Hunt 1% of damage, so Duck Hunt his Standard Special Move, Trick Shot on Fox. He did his Side Special, Clay Shooter and shot a disc at Donkey Kong. And finally, Duck Hunt did his Final Smash, NES Zapper Posse on Mario, Yoshi, and Villager. It was Chaos. There were swarm of ducks attacking them, Tin Cans hitting them, and Wild Gunmen shooting at them.

After they were done, the dog and duck high fived until the Balloon Pokemon, Jigglypuff and did her Down Special, Rest, launching to the sky and Star KOing them.

Dog: Arf...

They woke Jigglypuff up and freed Duck Hunt from trophication and asked for both to join the team and they said yes.

Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario, Falco, Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Charizard, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Lucario, R.O.B., Toon Link, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina and Luma, Little Mac, Greninja, Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, Duck Hunt, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man joined your team.