The Scream

An hour before:

The sparks from the kiss was still lingering on my lips and my fingers instinctively touched them. I was smiling as I always wanted to kiss him but soon it faded away as it dawns on me that Blake and I wouldn't be able to do anything like this or more if he was still unconscious and if he was awake and healthy, would he even want me as his mate.

I sighed and headed towards nothing. The wind blows and the sound of leaves was alluring and I couldn't help to just stand there and close my eyes.

"Uhm.." A voice of uncertainty pulled me back to reality and I slowly and reluctantly opened my eyes. I frown at who was in front of me.

"What do you want?" I said with full of annoyance and crossed my arms.

"I just want to talk about what happen and... us." Tom said and was looking into my eyes. I could see the desperation in his eyes.

I sighed and said- "Fine." 

"Can we go somewhere more secluded? I don't want everyone or anyone to hear our conversation." Tom suggested while scratching the back of his head.

"Please." He pleaded and I couldn't stand to be with him any minute. I nodded and I followed him into the woods. The faster I do what he wants, the faster I can get away from him. I felt betrayed after what he had done.

We stopped and my eyes studied the surrounding. In front of us was a lake that flowed calmly with just a little splash here and there. Birds sang around us but no scent of wolves anywhere.

"What is this place?" I asked as I sat on a big rock that was situated beside the lake. I took off my shoes and place both of my feet in the water.

"It's a private area. Only the high-ranking knows about this place. It's safe and sound. I used to hear that this place was where mates secretly come over and do their mating bond. They said that the moon goddess would blessed the wolves who mates here but you know it's all myth." He explained and I just nodded in fascination.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked as I was feeling uncomfortable with Tom's staring. He cleared his throat and looked away when I caught him staring. His face turn red and I just smiled a little at how I missed this part of Tom. Even though, I wanted to forgive him but what he did to Blake and the others were making things difficult.

"I know that what I did at the concert was wrong." He started and I just gave him a you-don't-say glare.

"But I was ordered to do it. I couldn't back down after an Alpha ordered me. You know how this works." He said in desperation for me to understand.

"I know this was all an order but you could have taken them with less violence!" I strictly commented.

"All of this happened was because you were his mate. Of course, he's going to be overprotective and possessive if you were there." He justified.

"Well, it would have gone well if you would have just LISTEN!" I started to raise my voice and Tom growled at how disrespectful I was being towards an Alpha. But nothing happen, my wolf didn't cower back but it did the opposite. She growled back.

'We're a female alpha. Remember? Being Alpha Drake's daughter and Blake's mate means that you have the same rank as him.' She explained and I couldn't help to smirk.

"Stand down! pup." Tom instructed and I just shrugged his order like brushing off dust on my shoulder.

"No you stand down! You were the one who did wrong and all you need to do is apologize. But look at us right now, you're accusing me off being there as if I was the one who was the reason all of this happen." I growled.

"You shouldn't have lied to us! About not having a mate! You even kissed me! I'm disgusted to know that you would whore around when you already have a mate!" He said with so much disgust that I could feel myself dirty.

He was right. I already have a mate but I was still giving hope to Tom. I was with him when I should be with my mate.

'Lily! Remember that Blake didn't want us. It's not your fault. You just wanted to move on after being rejected.' My wolf assure me.

"Lily?" Tom's voice broke me from my communication with my wolf. I could feel tears running down my face. My fingers touched my face and soon they were wet with tears. I laughed sarcastically at how I am right now. Everything was just too much.

"I'm sorry Lily. I didn't mean to make you cry. It's just that- you were making my wolf and I so angry that I just blurted something I shouldn't." He said and tried to hug me but I just step away.

"I was going out with you because I thought we could have a chance. Blake wanted to reject me but I was the one who did it, it was painful but I didn't want to hear those words coming out from his mouth. I thought it would be better to hear when I was the one to say it. I thought I could live with seeing that smirk on his face turn into sorrow and regret when I was the one who rejects him. Make him feel the pain, I was feeling then." I explained.

"All I wanted was a happy life with a mate but no. It had to turn into this. Blake's in a coma. You accusing me of being a whore because I was seeing some other guy other than my mate. News flashed, I was rejected. The mate bond will disappear if we don't complete the mate bond. I want him so much and he's so near but why is it so hard?!" I added and finally my knees gave out. I sobbed harder and Tom quickly hugged me. Soothing me with words that I couldn't catch them as I was beginning to feel a slight headache.

'Someone's trying to contact us through mind linking.' My wolf explained and I tried to focus but it didn't work.

'Why is it so hard?' I asked her and she whimpered.

'What's wrong?' I asked her.

'It's Blake and I think his in trouble.' She replied and soon I felt a slight pain all over my body. It was hard to breathe and Tom tried to get me to focus.

"Lily? Look at me! Breathe. Breathe! What's wrong?" He worriedly asked but I couldn't answer him. The pain was getting more stronger.

'It's the bond. It's breaking.' My wolf howled in pain.

'LiI-li-ly.' Was the first and last thing I heard before the bond went dark. I couldn't feel him.

'BLAKE!' I shouted in my head but nothing responded. The pain was gone and I felt numb.

'Go to HIM!' My wolf shouted and my feet automatically were in full shape.

I ran towards the hospital, ignoring the calls from Tom.

I passed Amelly's office and pushed some of the nurses that was in the way. I slammed the door wide open. 

Blake was pale as a dead body and blood was running from his nose and mouth. I screamed and shouted for help. I ran to him and hold his hands. It was still warm but I couldn't help feeling that I'm going to lose him.

"Lily? I need you to go out." Amelly said to me but my wolf was angry and felt vulnerable if we leave our mate. I growled at her,saying her to back off.

"NO!" I shouted and pushed away Amelly's hands. I wanted to rip her hands off but I knew her hands were important. Those hands were going to help Blake.

"Fine but please stay there where you won't disturb us to work on him and please control your wolf." She sighed in defeat and I just walked towards the corner as a sign as an agreement. I watched her and the others. 

It pain me to just watch and stand there. Doing nothing. I couldn't help my mate. My wolf and I whimpered at how vulnerable Blake and I were.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally! and update. this was sure longer than I expected. Hope you enjoy :) 

[unedited]