Brentley 22

Keyon Pov

"Aye Ron I'm stuck in traffic but I'm ok the way " I had to roll my windows down because I got gassy. Anytime I get nervous or scared I get gas bad.

"Ok but Brent's not here" I mean duh, this is not the time to play dumb.

" I know that idiot.... hold up, Wink didn't call you ?"

"Nah wassup? " Damn man I ain't trying to be a news reporter

"Shit man, fuck.... Ron, uh Brentley's at UCLA hospital, he got shot and I'm on my way there now"

"Fuck off my phone Key, quit with the games."

"Ron I ain't playing get there and tell ya mom's and them." I hung up kind of shocked that Wink didn't take the time out to call anyone except me. Well he did text me but still you get the point.

I finally got close to the emergency entrance where visitors park and I see Brentley car was fed to the city bus. I got out my car and didn't turn it off, I ran full sped where all the chaos was.

Cops were pushing people back so I assumed Brentley's in the hospital. I hope my nigga alright. I checked my phone only cause I thought it was Ron.

Dex - 'Coach said if your not back here 30 mins before the game your off the team'

I didn't respond as of right now I don't give a fuck. I need to make sure Brentley is ok.

Once I got inside before I could get to the desk I heard someone yelling my name, I looked back and seen Shay. Oh give me strength. I know she smell this gas lingering around but I can't help it.

"Have you heard anything? "

"No. Look I know you don't like me but we're here for -"

"I'm here for Brentley but since you wanna bring that up, I never said I don't like you, I actually forget that you exist until Brentley talk about Mya. So however you feel about me If I were you I'd focus that energy on my child and not a nonexistent relationship but then again some people don't have their priorities straight " due to me not giving a fuck I walked away.

............................

Brentley's parents and brother all sat together ,my mind was wondering off as I sat alone in my own funk including my attitude. I called my dad to check on Bam.

I miss my son, I seen Britt texted me asking why I didn't invite her to my first game 'the same reason why your being a bitch ' is what I texted her back

I sat in the waiting room with everyone else waiting for an update and I got a call from A'Dream. I really don't want to be bothered with anyone.

"Aye wassup? "

"I'm good yo "

"Nah you aint, why you run out like that?"

"I'm said I'm alright, get the fuck off my dick bruh"

"I'm just checking up on ya my bad for giving a fuck "

At this point if it's not the doctor or someone here telling me about Brentley I don't want to hear it. I know some people may be like oh now you want to care and I'm like fuck you.

I got irritated and walked over to the patient desk and seen the receptionist on her personal phone. Not that it's any of my business but I hoped she cut her damn finger on the cracked screen.

"Are you at work or at home ?"

"Excuse you !"

"Did you fart, or bump into me ? Nah I don't think so because your lazy ass to busy on your fucked up ass phone to pay attention to anything. Now do your job bitch and get someone out here to give Brentley Davis family and update now. "

This bitch better not try me, I'm nice but don't push me.

Not even a full 5 minutes later a nurse which I'm assuming came and delivered some news. I stood away distancing myself from hearing the worst ,after the bits and pieces I heard it couldn't stay.

............................

Brentley Pov

I'm in this dark room but I seen some sort of light then I see Z'Maya, then Breon and last Keyon.

I can't move, talk or do anything but watch. I see Shay with my princess just playing and having a good time. I've done some hurtful shit to Shay and I hope that she forgive me.

She gave me the best gift I could ask for, my princess. I wish I could be in her room with her while she puts on the daddy's princess outfit I just brought to her her yesterday. I wonder where their going.

Shay just picked up her phone smiling and her smile turned into tears in a matter of seconds.

Keyon is warming up for his game tonight which is in a couple of hours. Damn I gotta get out of here fast I can't miss his game. I have to support him like he supports me.

I seen the way that kid looks at him and I wish I could knock the smirk off his face. He better watch out before I have him handled.

This is a nice gym, I wish I wouldn't gave up on myself I could've went to college and probably played ball.

I see Keyon jog over to his phone I guess they have a break. He better call me or text me. I'm not sure what he's doing on the phone but his facial expression changed just looking at it.

He grabbed his things and took off, I seen the coach and some players call after him but he was gone.

Bam's in his grandpa room playing a video game. I love that lil nigga, like he's mine. Shit he may as well be -

"3..... 2.... 1... clear, 3..... 2.... 1... clear, last time and I'm calling it, 3..... 2.... 1... clear" I hope they save who ever that is. A few seconds passed.

"Ok time of death 4:3-" Why is the voice so near to me ? Is that me ?

Thanks for the support, comments, votes and reads.