Chapter 3

The door swung inwards away from me, the hinges squeaking as it moved. Pausing just inside the doorway, I took a moment to take in the flat.

The apartment was clean, oddly clean, especially knowing Harry lived here. The tables had been wiped of grease, the floor had been mopped, and the smell of air freshener lingered around me.

"Harry? Guys? Hello?" I asked, confused as to where my brother or the two Cals were. The flat seemed eerily quiet; surely all three of the boys weren't asleep, right? I turned quickly on my heel, frustrated. Picking up my bags, I shoved them inside the hallway and shut the door behind me, and finally began to work my way towards the living room.

As soon I turned the corner into the kitchen, I heard loud shouts and screams echo around me.

"WELCOME HOME!"

Harry, Vik and Josh jumped out, scaring me out my own skin, so much that I fell over in a fit of frightened giggles.

I was attacked on the floor by Harry, who lay on top of me, giving me a tight squeeze. He pulled away slightly, and we stood up. His arms still hugged my waist, and my head rested on his shoulder.

I was fairly tall; me and Harry were almost the same height, me being only slightly shorter. I laughed, for the first time in a long while. Everything fell silent, as I looked around the room and gave a huge grin to the other boys. I looked back up at Harry, and gave him a small smile. Then simultaneously, we both burst into tears.

"I missed you so much! I'm never going to leave you ever again! I'm so sorry." He cried at me, in between sobs. I just stood there, in his embrace, tears coating my cheeks and I smiled up at him.
"I missed you too." I whispered, and squeezed him tighter.

When I finally pulled away and looked at the others, I noticed that they were waiting for their own hellos. I ran over to each of the boys and gave them a long hug, with 'I missed you' being repeated over and over.

I was still crying happy tears at the situation. For once, thank god, happy tears. I now stood in the middle of the circle, with the boys surrounding me. I knew what was coming; it happened every time we saw each other since they moved to London, no matter where we were, except it usually involved the rest of the sidemen too.

The three boys ran towards me, and I was engulfed in limbs as we stood there in a big group hug for the next 10 minutes, all hugging and screaming, knowing I was here for good this time.

~

"Ok, ok! Enough of the soppy shit!" Josh shouted, causing us all to laugh. I had finally stopped crying, and we were now squashed onto one sofa.

"Where's everyone else? Simon, Ethan, Tobi and my beloved Jide?" I giggled, turning my head towards Vik and snuggling into his side.

"Me and Josh were the only ones Harry trusted with the secret. We're going to surprise them tomorrow or sometime soon and record their reactions." He said, smirking at his master plan.

The doorbell rang, and everyone stopped talking.
"Harry? Harry, are you there? Fuck. I forgot my keys, can you let us in?" I heard Cal shout through the letterbox. I stood up, putting a finger to my lips, signalling for the boys to be quiet. I gave Harry a thumbs up, and he knew exactly what I wanted him to do.

"Coming twatbags!" Harry yelled, loud enough so they could hear him, as he remained on the sofa and I walked over to the door and unlocked it instead. I opened the door to be met with both Cals laden with Tesco bags, bickering

"If you hit me one more time with that fucking bag, I swear to-" They stopped shuffling as they looked up to see me and I giggled at their childishness.

"I'm home!" I said happily, a wide grin on my face. They both screamed, dropping their Tesco bags with a loud cracking sound in the doorway and ran in to give me a hug. "I missed you guys too, now can you let me go?" I stuttered, struggling to breathe. They let go of me, picked up the bags, and followed me into the kitchen. A trail of liquid leaked from one of Callum's bags, and he sighed dramatically.

"Shit. There goes the fuckin' vodka."

I was helping them unpack food into the cupboards, whilst everyone was talking around me. I smiled, finally knowing I was free from the rules and the curfews and the side glances and shaking heads of my parents. I jumped as I felt Harry's arms snake their way around my neck, and his head rest on my shoulder.

"You know you don't have to help?" He said, giving me a confused look.
"I already feel bad that I can't put much towards the bills, so the least I can do is unpack!" I said, smiling up at him.

"Ok, but don't be surprised when all three of us start using you as our house maid," he laughed, gesturing towards Cal and Callum.
"I don't mind helping, but if you even think about trying that again, you'll regret it!" I said, referring to the time three years ago, where I offered to help Harry clean his bedroom. Thinking it was hilarious, he bought me a Victorian maid style dress, which I ripped and burned in the back garden.

Before he could say anything else, I told him I was going to bed. I yawned and went round to each of the boys in turn, hugging them and said goodnight. Finally I went over to Harry and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you." I whispered in his ear. I could never repay him for being the best brother ever.

"I love you," he whispered back, and with that I went to my new, bare and empty room, changed into a sidemen shirt and pyjama shorts, and fell into a peaceful sleep.