Chapter 11

I woke up unaware as to where I was. I looked around and instantly felt guilty, seeing Simon spread out on the floor. I rubbed my eyes, forcing the sleep out of them.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, feeling the soft carpet under my feet. I knelt down on the floor next to the sleeping Simon, and shook him gently.

He stirred but didn't wake, so I decided just to leave him there. I pulled a blanket over his long body, and stuffed a pillow under his head.

I saw my hoodie on the end of the bed, and pulled it over my head. Now I had more things to feel guilty about.

I couldn't help but feel that it was my fault mum had died. If I hadn't left this wouldn't have happened because I might have been able to stop it. And now, I had forced Simon to sleep on his own bedroom floor because I'd fallen asleep. It was always the little things that tipped you over the edge.

I slowly left the room, and walked down the stairs towards the kitchen. I stopped and held my breath when I heard voices. I pressed my ear against the door to hear Josh's soothing voice.

"Harry, I know this is hard but you have to talk to us. Tell us what we can do to help."
I took a deep breath and walked into the room. I looked at both of the boys, sat either side of the island. Josh was sat lazily, leaning over the side with his elbows on the island and his chin in his hands. His looked up at me and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Don't. Please." I said and looked away. Harry was sat with puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks, almost identical to me. A blank expression plastered his face as he simply stared into the cup of coffee wrapped in his hands.

He had his sleeves pulled over his fingers and his hood up on his head.
"Harry, is everything ok?" I asked softly, choking on my words slightly. Of course everything wasn't ok!
"Harry, please, tal-" he looked up and glared at me, stopping me mid-sentence.
"OF COURSE IM NOT OKAY! WHY WOULD I BE OKAY WHEN MY MUM HAS JUST FUCKING DIED?!" He screamed in my face. By this point he'd stood up and had walked right up to me, grabbing my shoulders roughly. I gasped, and covered my mouth with my hand to stop me from crying out.

Josh stood up and put a hand on Harry's chest to stop him from getting closer.

I couldn't help it. That hurt. I shoved past Harry and Josh, ran to the door and grabbed my shoes. Harry walked into the hallway, Josh close on his tail.

"Alex, stop please. I didn't mean to shout at you I'm just stressed and tired. I'm really upset about everything that happened and-"
"Yeah? And you think I'm not? For Gods sake Harry, you're not alone! I'm in the same boat so you don't have to make everything about you!" I snapped.

All the boys must have heard us shouting at eachother, because they had formed in a huddle in the middle of the stairs.
I ran out of the front door, slamming it behind me.

I began walking, hot tears threatening to break free. No where in particular, just wanting to get away from it all. I pulled my phone from my pocket to see I had been walking for about 10 minutes. I decided that I wanted to walk back to the flat, so I could sit and tell Cal and Callum; they needed to know.
Not really knowing where I was going, I fumbled around on my phone, trying to get Google Maps to tell me where to go.

As i walked, I tripped, and dropped my phone face down, smashing the screen to pieces. I bent down to look at the damage, and burst into tears.

I tried to keep my sobs quiet and stayed out of the way of other people. Everything seemed to be going wrong, and I didn't know how to stop it.

"Alex? Alex? Are you there?" I heard someone call out. I poked my head around the corner to see Simon walking in my direction.

"Hi..." I whispered quietly.
He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my thin figure, engulfing me in a hug.

"What's wrong?" He gently asked.
"Harry's a dickhead." I simply said. "Will you take me back to the flat, I don't know where to go?" I asked, glancing up at him, tears rushing back to my eyes.

He nodded and grabbed my hand. He began to walk in the opposite direction of where I had been going.

"Why are you here?" I thought out loud.

"I couldn't leave you to walk around the streets of London at 8 o'clock in the morning when you have no idea where you are." He chuckled. "And, well, I was worried about you," he added.

"But why?" I was confused, why would he wake up and come and find me?

"Because you're my best friend and I love you!" He said and turned a corner.

I know he meant nothing of it, but him saying that made me smile; it made me feel happier after last night.

We finally got up to the flat, and Simon came in with me.
"Frooby? Lux? I'm home!" I called out, my voice echoing around the halls.
"In the living room! Want to join the Fifa tournament?" Cal shouted.
"No, maybe later."
"Ok, is everything alright, you usually love fifa?" Me and Simon walked through to the living room, to see Callum crouched by the tv, turning on the Xbox.

The two boys were also joined by Chip, Tobi, and Ethan.
"How did you get here so fast?" Simon asked, directing the question to Tobi and Ethan.
"We drove. We had to come back to film, but Chip texted us to come over."

"Okay, I'll stay and watch." I mumbled, sitting down between Tobi and Ethan.
"Umm, have you told the guys what happened last night?" I whispered.
"Nope, that's your business and not our place to say." Tobi said politely and drew me in for a hug.

This could wait. I wanted to forget about it, I could tell everyone later. Harry should be here when we tell them, I couldn't do this alone...