Chapter 27 - Questions

THANK YOU FOR 2K READS ILY ALL

I hadn't had a proper conversation with Simon since Alton Towers, and that was 3 days ago.

We had made small talk when going round each others houses to hang out or so the boys could film, and the kisses or our conversation about enjoying them had never been mentioned.

"Alex?" Harry's voice pulled me out of my daydream.
"Yeah what's up?" I asked him, standing up from the floor and sitting next to him on the sofa.

"Ok so basically, please don't get mad, I'm going to America for three weeks. I know I said that I'd stay with you, but it's been planned for months now. I didn't know you were gonna come live here so I thought it would be ok." He rambled, eyes flickering between me and his hands.

"Harry it's fine!" I laughed at his nervousness, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'll be able to stay with Cal and Callum so it's all good."

"Yeah that's the thing. I'm going with both Cals, Chip, Joel, Weller and Gib." He said anxiously, awaiting my reaction. I looked down sadly.

"But don't worry! You won't be alone! I was speaking to Josh and Simon about it yesterday. I mentioned how I thought you'd hate being on your own and Simon suggested you go and stay with them!" He declared, perking up slightly as he revealed his plan.

I smiled slightly at his excitement. I couldn't allow myself to be selfish and ask him not to go and staying in the sidemen house would be great. I just hope things won't be awkward between me and Simon.

"That's perfect. I like that." I grinned and hugged him. "Have a great time! When do you leave?"
"Tonight..." he said awkwardly. Giving me a thumbs up and an innocent smile.
"Oh..." I looked down.

"Will I still have time to say goodbye to everyone?"
"Yeah! Everyone is meeting here before we leave, and you can come to the airport with us if you want. Simon said he'd come with because he wanted to talk to me about, uh, something he wants to do, and so he could take you home." He said, squeezing my shoulder.

"If you bring your bags to the airport with us, Simon will take you straight back to his house." He added, standing up. I stood up and went to go pack some bags. I didn't pack all three weeks worth of stuff; I had a spare key so I could always come back and pick more stuff up.

~

"Goodbye! I'll miss you so much!" I squeezed back my eyes shut as I rested my head on Harry's shoulder whilst I hugged him for the last time before he left.

"I'll miss you too! I'll call you as often as I can!" He said and slowly pulled away. He kissed my forehead and waved as he walked into the gate. I gave him a small wave until he disappeared.

Tears clouded my vision as I stood there aimlessly. My greatest fear in life, especially since mum passed away, is leaving someone and they don't come back.

I felt Simon slip his hand into mine and give it a gentle squeeze.
"Ok?" He asked softly. I nodded my head and looked up at him.

"I think so." I squeezed his hand back and he smiled. We walked back to Simon's car slowly, hand in hand. I knew it was wrong, I mean we're not even dating, but it felt so right.

We finally reached the car and clambered in. Simon pulled out of his parking spot and began the journey to the sidemen house.

"Ok... So I wanted to talk to you. I know I've seemed really rude lately and have ignored you, but that's because I didn't know what to say to you after everything that happened. But, now I do. Alex, I really like you. I meant everything I said at Alton Towers." He paused slightly, giving me time to interject.

"I like you too Simon. After everything that has gone on between us I think I've finally realised how I feel about you. I never thought I could like you. I mean, we're best friends, but I do." I looked down at my hands and smiled.

Simon continued what he was saying, not be able to hide his childish grin.
"I'm really happy you feel this way. So that's what I wanted to talk about. I was wondering, Alexandra Lewis, will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" He took his eyes off the road for a second to look at me. He smiled and raised his eyebrows in a questioning matter. I blushed furiously and nodded.

"Yes. Simon Minter, I will go on a date with you tomorrow night." I said happily. He placed his hand on my knee and gave a gentle squeeze, then placed his hand back on the steering wheel.

The rest of the ride home was in a comfortable silence. Simon drove with a small smile tugging at his lips.

I sat with my head leant against the window, my cheeks heating up every time I glanced at him.

~

"Aaaaand were home!" Simon said as he pulled into the driveway, still smiling.

I grabbed my bags from the back seat and climbed out of the car. Simon walked around and took the bigger bag, leaving me to carry my smaller one.

"Thanks." I mumbled quietly, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing again. He opened the door for me and we walked in.

After he shut the door, we dumped the bags at the bottom of the stairs and took our shoes off. Simon slung his arm lazily around my shoulder and lead me to the living room, only to be met with JJ, Vik, Josh, Ethan and Tobi.

JJ leapt from his chair faster than I've ever seen him move and ran over to me, almost tripping over Ethan who was sat on the floor.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY? WHAT DID SHE SAY?" He yelled, asking me the question then repeating it to Simon. I slapped Simon's arm playfully.

"I can't believe you told them all you were doing it!" I cried, laughing at him.
"They all knew I liked you, and they would have killed me if I didn't." He chuckled and smiled at me.

"WHAT DID SHE SAY?" The others all yelled at Simon. He kissed me temple and slightly tightened his grip around my shoulder.
"I said yeah." I said happily, answering for him.

A/N:
I'm so sorry about not updating a lot lately. I'm on holiday in Turkey with my friends and family. However I hope you enjoyed :)