Chapter 9

After we all left the sidemen house, we went to the McDonald's drive through to get some late lunch, then went back to the apartment.

Maddy, Agus, and Sarah came back with us, but got Simon to take them as there wasn't enough room in Harry's car.
I just hoped they didn't say anything about our conversation to him.

"That's not even fair! How did you get this good?" Cal cried, dropping his controller in his lap. We were all in the living room playing Fifa, and I had just scored once more, changing the score to five-one.

"I had a lot of free time in Guernsey. Playing video games was the only thing I did. It's not like I left the house at all." I said and laughed at him.

"But I play video games for my job! This isn't fair!" He repeated and pouted like a child.
"There is one game she's terrible at though; Call of Duty!" Harry exclaimed, obviously excited by his revelation. Little did he know, I'd been practicing while he was away.

"Ooh! Play me on that then!" Cal also now seemed way too excited as he began to change the disc in the Xbox.
"Oh ok fine," I sighed, trying to hide the smirk on my face.

We decided to play together; me in the living room as my Xbox hadn't been set up in my room yet, and Harry, Cal, and Callum in their bedrooms.
The boys set up a Skype call because they wanted to film it for their channels and the girls migrated to the kitchen.

Five minutes into a gun game and I was already ahead.
"What the fuck! You can't keep knifing me!" Harry screamed into his microphone.
"She does what she wants!" Cal started to cheer. "But I thought you said she was bad at this game?" He added, sticking his tongue out in concentration.

"She was back home!" Harry cried as I got another headshot, killing him.
"Well well, Dinho. That's what you get for assuming you know my supreme skill level." I gloated.

We finished the game and soon found ourselves in the living room watching Harry Potter.
"But like, why does Voldemort not have a nose? Is there a specific reason for him not to have a nose?" Harry asked, a genuine puzzled look on his face.

"I don't know Harry, he just doesn't ok!" I said, glaring at him. He had been complaining for the last 20 minutes about how he didn't understand anything.

My phone pinged in my pocket, so I got it out and saw I had 6 messages, one from each of the boys.
Tobi: Hey Lex. Me and Ethan are heading back over to the sidemen house in 20. Do you and Harry want to come?
Ethan: Hey fren. Come sidemen house again w/ Tobi & moi?
JJ: COME OVER NOW BITCHES!
I chuckled and showed Harry the first three messages, then I checked the rest.
Vik: Hi! Do you want to come over for a bit, without the girls? You can stay the night if you want. :)
Josh: Aloha. Want to stay over, like a big reunion sleepover :D
Simon: Yo. You want 2 sleep round ours? We have food?

I chuckled, showing Harry the last messages and asking if we could go. He nodded and we both got up and went to our rooms to pack a bag. I texted all the boys back saying we were going to stay, and every one of them asked if we could film videos. After telling them that I'd think about it, I chucked everything I'd need for the night into a backpack. I pulled my black SDMN hoodie over my head.

When I got to the door, Harry was waiting with a bag of his things, and a bag with his camera, tripod and laptop in.

~

"When they treat you like a motherfucking creature!" We screamed in the backseat of the car.
Once we had got back to the sidemen house, Harry and I were ushered straight back out along with JJ, Tobi, and Simon to go pick up some Nandos. JJ had put his album on the aux cord, and we all sang along.

"Can I put my music on now?" I asked Tobi, as he was driving us, once the song had finished.
"Bad idea! Don't do it!" Harry cried; he had always hated my music.

"Sure." Tobi smirked at me, knowing I wanted to annoy Harry. I plugged my phone in and put my music on shuffle and as soon as the music came on I began to sing along as loud as I could.
"What the fuck is this shit?" JJ sounded disgusted.
"Fresh Start Fever by You Me At Six! This song is great!" I exclaimed, nodding my head to the beat.
"Change it!" They all but Simon told me. Having seen his Valentine's Day vlog with Cal a while back, I knew that Simon liked You Me At Six just as much as I did. I ended up hitting the next button several times until they told me to stop at something they liked. They forced me to skip the likes of Panic! and All Time Low, And 5SOS and I wasn't amused.

Once we got back to the sidemen house, everyone joined us in the kitchen for food. Simon, Josh, Harry, Ethan and Tobi sat around the island, JJ and Vik stood up using the worktop as a table and I sat on the counter with my plate in my lap. Everyone was involved in a conversation except for Harry who was texting on his phone.

He looked really worried, the look of panic increasing on his face with every passing second.
"Umm... Uh... A-Alex can I t-talk to y-you for a m-minute?" He stumbled on his words, trying to form a coherent sentence. You could see he was sweating, and his hands were shaking drastically.

"Um, yeah, sure. Harry what's wrong? Are you ok?" I asked, but without a reply he shook his head and walked out of the room. I followed him into the living room, where he told me the news. Just as I thought I was getting life back on track, it all turned to shit.