Chapter 21

We woke up early the next morning and called all the boys. They were meant to be coming round at about midday since apparently they were going out for some YouTube thing.

After getting out of the shower, I sat on the sofa, a pink hand towel draped around my neck, eating my breakfast in front of classic morning telly.

"Hey, Alex-Sandra!" Harry shouted in my ear from behind and I groaned loudly at the nickname.

"Sup, dickweed!" I replied, giggling when he glared at me. "So, what you doing after the meeting thing then?" I turned to face him as he came and sat beside me.

"We were thinking that we might help y- umm... I mean I don't know. We haven't planned anything," he said quickly, rising from his seat and rushing off.

I shook my head, walking slowly back to my bedroom just as Callum and Sarah arrived, holding hands.
"Cute," I whispered, entering my room and flopping onto the bed.

I decided to change, even though I wasn't planning to be going anywhere. I slipped my dressing gown off and slid on some black joggers and a white baggy crop top.

Walking out of the room, I noticed multiple pairs of shoes by the door, indicating that the sidemen had arrived. Pools of water collected under their coats, which had been hung up by the door.

I followed the watery trails through to the living room to see all the boys, Agus and Sarah all huddled in the centre of the floor whispering.

"Uhh, hey guys?" I spoke loudly, making a few of them jump.

"Hi? What are you doing here? Wait, you live here! We were just... Talking about some stuff, y' know. Nothing much. How are you? Great, good to know! Well, we better be off now shouldn't we lads? Sick conversation. Nice seeing you, talk later. Bye now." Simon said quickly, wide eyed as he rambled.

Although he suggested they were going to leave, he didn't move from his position, instead he stayed staring at me.

"You idiot! You almost gave away the surpr- I mean, what? Nothing! Bye!" Cal yelled, until he realised he must be about to ruin a 'surprise'.

Standing up, he pulled the others boys up by their arm, dragging them to the door. He turned around and gave me a short smile, accompanied by some nervous laughter.

I was left with Agus and Sarah in the living room.

"Ok then. Anyways, how are you two?" I asked them, taking an unoccupied chair. Sarah was dressed in navy blue skinny jeans, a grey crop top, and a black jumper, whilst Agus was dressed in black jeans, a light pink t-shirt, and a khaki bomber jacket. Both of them had their hair down and simple makeup on.

"Not much. We were wondering if you wanted to come shopping with us at Westfield while the boys were out today?" Sarah asked, chuckling when I groaned, knowing I didn't like shopping all that much.

"Fine. But only if you come look at the football boots with me."

With a loud huff, Agus laughed at my negotiation.  "Sure, but hurry up. Let's go."

I narrowed my eyes at them playfully and ran off to get my shoes. I chucked my black trainers on, and waited for the other girls by the door. The hallway suddenly looked oddly empty now that the bundle of coats and shoes had disappeared.

~

After walking around Westfield for about an hour, Sarah quelled in delight when saw a music shop, and dragged us in by our hands. Her eyes lit up when she saw a big black piano in one corner of the shop, and ran over to it. She began to play a few chords, and I soon recognised the song after she sang a few words.

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale
I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

Agus gave me a knowing glance, and joined in for the chorus. She mighty not have been the most incredible singer, but it was funny to watch.

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

"You're really doing this?" I started dancing around the shop when I realised the pair weren't going to stop. By the second chorus, most people in the shop were staring at us, either clapping along or smiling as I ran over to the piano and sat on top, out of breath from my awful dancing.

Agus was spinning in a space on the floor, and I grinned as Sarah sang. She looked up briefly, playfully winking at me as I laid down on my stomach, kicking my feet back and forth as I jokingly joined in for the next part.

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

As soon as Sarah heard me participate, she stopped singing, for some unknown reason, allowing me to finish this part myself.

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

I jumped off the piano and sat down next to Sarah, pretending to play as she hit the keys. All three of us knew that we weren't taking this seriously, and for once the attention of other people didn't bother me because I was having too much fun to care. The final ringing of the piano through the store, as I took a deep breath. A few people applauded and I finally felt my face flush crimson.

"Why didn't you mention you could sing?" Agus prodded my stomach, giggling at me.
"Because I can't you nonce nugget. That was incredible." We all laughed and hugged each other. Finally, we began to make our way out of the shop, imitating each other and poking fun at our dance moves.

"Well it's a good job we got that on camera isn't it?" Ethan's voice echoed around us, making the three of us freeze.

We span around to see all the boys stood there with shocked expressions on their faces, clearly surprised at our hilarious performance.

A/N: yeah yeah the song chapter classic. Filler chapters woo. I'll carry this on in the next chapter, because it all comes down to a surprise for Alex, which is kind of obvious if you think about it. Anyways I hope you enjoyed.