Chapter 29 - "For Simon?"

"WHAT ABOUT US? WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?" Tobi and Josh yelled in time with the song.

"WHAT ABOUT TRUST?" Arayah, Freya and I sang back.

"YOU KNOW I NEVER WANTED TO HURT YOU!" The boys cried, struggling to hold in their laughter.

"AND WHAT ABOUT ME?" We shouted, Freya finally crumbling and clutching her stomach as she laughed.

Arayah and Josh began laughing too, continuously bringing their hands to their faces to wipe away the tears.

"What am I supposed to do?" Tobi continued, slightly quieter, voice shaking happily.

"I gotta leave but I'll miss you..." I finished, dramatically walking out of the room. The song ended after the last chorus and I walked back into the room, crying from laughter.

We spent a good ten minutes rolling around on the sofas and floor, giggling like small children.

"Ok... Ok! Look we don't have time for this! We'll have to finish the marathon another day. Shopping time!" Freya finally dragged herself up from the floor and started to take control of the situation.

After getting ready to go, Josh drove us to the shopping centre, only having to stop once at a traffic light. We arrived in under 15 minutes, and clambered out of the car.

"So where to first?" I asked, lazily hanging an arm around Tobi's shoulder.
"I say we get your stuff last. It's the most important. So we'll go get Josh's shirt. Then my trainers-"
"I want to get some new ones too!" I butt in.
"Ok. Then you, Freya and Arayah can drag me and Josh around 'cause we don't know what we're doing!" Tobi explained cheerfully.
"So what trainers do you wanna get?"

~

After Josh had bought three new shirts, and me and Tobi had both brought a pair of black trainers, Freya and Arayah grabbed my hands and ran off. I tried to walk slower behind them, but they continued to drag me at top speed towards the nearest clothes shop.

I looked back at Tobi and Josh, watching them laugh at my resistance. I gave them a worried glance and Josh called "just go with it" making Tobi laugh more.

~

"What about this one?" Freya asked, spinning slowly in a knee length black dress.
"Yup. It's nice." I said quite bluntly, only glancing up from my phone for a second.

"You bored?" Josh nudged my arm as he sat down.
"Yeah. You know I hate shopping. And dress shopping? No." I replied, slipping my phone in my pocket and resting my chin in my hands.

"Ok! We're all set! Come on Alex, me and Arayah found a few dresses you could try on!" Freya called, gently putting her new dress into the bag with Arayah's dress.

I had now seen how beautiful all the girls were going to look tonight in their new dresses. Arayah had gone for a burgundy skater dress, and Freya had gone for a black dress. Meg had gone for a simple white dress and Ant had gone for and navy blue and creamy-white lacy dress according to the pictures I had been shown.