Chapter 28 - Nightmares

Simon's POV:

After sitting with the guys in the living room for a couple more hours, playing the Xbox, eating takeaway pizza and watching yet another movie, I heard Alex yawn from behind me on the sofa.

I leant back and rested my head on Alex's knees. I tilted my head back and looked up at her. I couldn't help but smile and I saw her scrunched up face.
"Tired?" I asked quietly.

"For gods sake not this again!" She joked. "But yeah, I guess." She finally admitted, rubbing her eyes.

"Come on, let's go." I said softly, standing up and holding my hands out for Alex. She shook her head slowly and continued to roll herself into a ball, burying he head into her knees.

"Go to bed Alex." Tobi whispered from beside her, rubbing her shoulder with his hand that wasn't holding his phone.

"Mmh." She mumbled but didn't move. By now, Josh and Vik were watching us from the other sofa (JJ and Ethan were both already fast asleep on the floor), small smiles settling on their lips.

"Ok then, lazy!" I chuckled and picked Alex up. I held her tight around the waist as she instantly wrapped her arms around my kneck and legs around my torso. Her head buried itself in the crook of my neck, so I could feel her slow, warm breathes on my skin as she fell asleep.

As I walked up the stairs to the spare room where she would be staying, she kept grumbling and moving her head around.
"No... Don't go..." She muttered.

I laid her down on the bed and removed my arms. She slowly released me from her grasp and curled up in another ball, squeezing her eyes shut and scrunching up her nose.

She rolled over multiple times, mindlessly running her hands over her face. I took one last glance at her, slightly worried about her, and walked out of the room.

As I got halfway down the stairs on the way back to the living room, a loud shriek echoed the halls.

"Alex! Alex what's wrong?" I shouted, rushing back to her room. She sat on the floor sobbing into her hands. Her breath had sped up rapidly and she was shaking.

"Mums gone. She's never coming back. Gone!" She cried, drawing her legs into her chest and rocking back and forth as she hugged herself tightly. I sat down on the floor next to her and hugged her tightly.

She released her legs and squeezed me, resting her shoulder on my chest.
"Let it out... It will get better. I promise."

~

"You ok now?" I asked gently. I sat with Alex for a good 40 minutes as she cried and explained her nightmare.

She nodded slowly, wiping her nose. "Ok, go back to sleep." I said and laid her down on the bed, pulling the covers up over her shoulders. I stood up and walked to the door, about to go to my own room.

"Simon? Please don't leave me." She whispered quietly, looking up at me with glistening eyes, almost childishly.

"Ok." I said with a small smile, climbing into bed beside her. She instantly curled up into my chest as I cradled her in my arms.

"Good night Alex. I love you." I kissed her forehead as her breathing slowed and she fell asleep.

Alex's POV:

I woke up and checked my phone. 9:36. I rolled over to find myself alone. I sighed as I got up.

It was cold, and I had decided to sleep in shorts, so I walked over to the wardrobe to grab some joggers. On the door, there was a blue post-it note, similar to the ones Simon had left after decorating my room.

It read:
Morning beautiful. I left you early today to go and sort things out for our date tonight. I've hired the guys and girls for the day (a tenner each the cheeky bastards) to keep you occupied and to help you get ready. Jidbog, Meg, Etna, Ant and Vikram are helping me out, while Tabi, Arayah, Freya and Joshua (yes Josh) are gonna take you shopping and get food. Don't feel pressured into getting too fancy, ik you don't like it. See you later sunshine :)

I giggled at the note and got changed before walking down the stairs for breakfast. Josh, Freya, Arayah and Tobi were all sat in the kitchen when I walked in.

"A tenner? Really?" I laughed.
"I don't work for free ya know!" Tobi said, chuckling. I grabbed some of Vik's cereal and sat at the island with the others.

"Payback's a bitch!" I said, making Tobi and Josh laugh. The girls were slightly confused but they still laughed.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.
"We'll Netflix and Hang for a bit, then go into Westfield and get some new stuff, the girls need dresses, I want new shoes, and Josh needs a shirt. You can choose what you want to wear. Then we'll come home, get ready and leave at six." Tobi explained, giving me a side hug.

"Wait. So are you all involved in this?" I asked, confused as to why the girls needed dresses and Josh needed a shirt.

"Yeah, we're all gonna help out." Josh said with a smile. "To Netflix?" He asked, pointing to the door.
"TO NETFLIX!" We all cheered and went to the living room.

"I say we do a High School Musical marathon!" I said as I plopped onto the sofa beside Arayah.

"YES!" Both girls cheered, earning groans from the boys.
"Fine!" They grumbled, but smiled.

"Just saying, I still know all the words to all the songs, so expect some great singing!" I stated, earning a guilty glance from Josh. "Sup with you?" I asked.

"I kind of, maybe, possibly know the words too..." He trailed off. I began laughing, soon to be joined with the others.

"Joshua Bradley! You never told me you were a secret High School Musical fan!" Freya cried, hitting him on the arm. Me, Tobi and Arayah were crying from laughing so much.
"I used to love it when I was little. It's embarrassing..."

A/N:
Sorry for no update in a while. But I'm back from Turkey and should update more often. Hope you enjoyed :)