Chapter 30 - Date Night

I walked out of the bathroom again, wearing my new outfit. Megan and Ant gasped and smiled to themselves, and Arayah and Freya looked extremely proud.

"I can't believe you got her to wear a skirt! Alex you look gorgeous!" Megan cried and rushed over to hug me. Ethan stood up slowly and put his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm proud of you." He said and hugged me tight.
"Thanks." I mumbled quietly against his shirt.

"Oh! Would you look at the time! 5:50. Gotta go." Ant said and all four girls rushed out of the room.

"Where are they going?" I asked Ethan.
"To their part of the date." He explained bluntly.
"Wha-"

"It will all become clear don't worry!" He said and pulled me downstairs. "Come on! I am required to escort you to the first part of the date with Sir Minter." He added smugly, and I laughed at his stupid posh tone.

"Wait a minute." I said and rushed back upstairs. I grabbed a red flannel and tied it around my waist; it made my outfit feel slightly less dressy.

I walked into the bathroom and picked my necklace up (the one I had that matched Harry's) from where I left it before I got in the shower. I smiled and took it downstairs so Ethan could put it on for me.

"Ok, I'm ready." I said with a small smile. I was nervous, but I tried to push those feelings aside so I could just enjoy the night Simon had planned.

"Hop in!" Ethan opened his car door open for me like a gentleman, and closed it behind me.

~

"Where are we going?" I poked Ethan's arm and continued to bug him.

"I can't tell you. You have to wait and see!" He said again. I huffed and sat back in my chair, quietly singing along to 5SOS on the radio.

"Ok, you can get out now." Ethan said. "Good luck!" I smiled warmly at him, and climbed out.

"Good evening Miss Lewis, fine evening isn't it? Take my arm." JJ said excitedly from beside me. I giggled, and took his arm as he led me towards the door of a building.

"When did you get here?" I asked and squeezed myself under his arm so his arm was around my shoulders.

"Doesn't matter." He said and released me from his grip as we walked through the doors.

"How are you Alexandra? Good? Good. This way please." Vik said from my left and replaced JJ. I smiled again and followed him down a corridor.

We made small talk until we got to a lift. He gave me a small side hug and said goodbye after pressing the lift button for me.
"Wait Vik! Where do I-"

"Ah! Alexandra good evening. Step in!" Josh said excitedly as the lift door opened. I stepped in and tried to pry information out of Josh as we went up what must have been ten floors. He too hugged me and gently nudged me out of the lift, only for me to be met with Tobi.

I couldn't help but notice how well dressed all five boys were tonight in their suits. It's a shame Harry wasn't here.

"Hi!" Tobi said enthusiastically as he pulled me in for a tight hug.
"No good evening or take my arm Alexandra?" I giggled as we pulled away. He pulled me down a corridor and slowly opened a door for me.

"He really went all out for you. Even if tonight goes horribly wrong, just know he loves you." Tobi said and closed the door behind me.

I turned and looked to see that I was stood on a rooftop. In the middle, was a tent. I was confused, but curious. I walked slowly over to the front and peered inside.

Staring inside in awe, I placed my hand to my mouth in shock. This couldn't all be for me. The inside of the tent was covered in blankets and pillows, and fairy lights and bunting were draped from end to end.

There was a large picnic basket in the centre, and the thing that made me smile the most, was the electric heater in the corner.

I looked around and couldn't see Simon anywhere. I stepped inside the tent and smiled.
"Do you like it?" I jumped as Simon wrapped his arms around my neck from behind and placed his head on my shoulder.

"I- I love it!" I spam around and hugged him tightly, burying my head into his shoulder.

"I see you did the unexpected." He said, gesturing to the skirt. "I like the trainers with it." He chuckled.

"Shut up!" I said and hit his arm. "You said I didn't need to go fancy!" I began pulling at the edge of the skirt, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

"I was joking. Alex, you look beautiful. I promise!" He said and took my hand. He pulled me inside and we sat down on the blankets.

"I don't. It looks weird. I hate it. It's uncomfortable and awkward and gross and I look horrible." I blurted, earning a shocked glance in response.

"Stop saying those things! You are not! You look absolutely gorgeous Alex. You would have even if you'd turned up in pyjamas!" Simon cried and pulled me into another tight hug.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his chest.
"Enough sadness. Guess what I brought?!" He asked excitedly. I kept a blank expression on my face. He poked my cheek and continued.

"I BROUGHT PIZZA!" He yelled happily.
"NO YOU DIDNT!" I shouted.

"Oh yeah!" He said and pulled out a box from the picnic basket, revealing slices of warm ham and pineapple pizza. He handed me a piece smugly. "I know. I'm the best." He smirked and bit into a slice.

After finishing the pizza, Simon pulled out his laptop from a backpack.
"I know you wouldn't want the full cliché date night, so I thought, movies or YouTube, and a hell of a lot of pizza!" He said, opening his laptop and logging into YouTube.

"Let's watch your videos, I'm a little behind." I said guiltily as Simon mocked being offended. We laid down on our stomachs next to each other and began watching Simons new GTA videos and other random game videos.

I shivered, mentally cursing myself for not bringing a jacket even though it was cold.
"Here." Simon said, draping a blanket carefully over the two of us. I snuggled up against him and he put his arms around me. It was really relaxing.

A/N: ok. So I didn't die at school. But I need your help. If anyone knows where I can get a jumper like this-

 If you could comment or message me where it'd be much appreciated :)