Chapter 12

Harry's POV:

"Come on man, you've gotta go talk to her." JJ said, crouching in front of me as I put my head in my hands.

"But she'll hurt me." I stated, knowing Alex could be very reckless when she was upset or angry. Tobi and Ethan left, along with Alex's bag, so now me, JJ, Josh, and Vik were left at the house.

Simon, being a good friend, ran out after her; all of us were worried about her, because we all knew she didn't know where she was. My phone buzzed, and I pulled it out.

Simon: Stop worrying! We're at the flat. But I can tell she wants to talk to you.
I sighed at the message; one of relief and fear.
Harry: Thanks for that. Let everyone know I'll be back in about half an hour yeah?
I text back. I almost immediately got a reply saying he would.

"She won't hurt you if Simon's there. He won't let her!" Vik chuckled.
"You're right... I need to sort this. I was a dick. I can't lose her too." I sighed again.
"Alex just text me. She said no one has mentioned anything about... it... because she wanted you there when you tell Cal and Lux. Chip, Ethan and Tobi are at your place for a Fifa tournament." Josh said, and patted me on the back.

"Go get your stuff and go talk to her," he added.
I looked up and gave him a small smile, then ran upstairs to get my bag.

~

"Alex... Can I talk to you?" I asked quietly from the doorway of the living room.
She chuckled lifelessly at the game, then glanced over at me.
"Sure what's up?" She asked grumpily.

"Like alone?" I suggested.
She sighed, stood up and followed me into my bedroom, and sat on my gaming chair.

Alex's POV:

"What?" I snapped, then instantly felt guilty, never having been good at conflict.
"Look, I'm sorry about shouting at you and shutting you out. I shouldn't have ignored yo-" He was cut off but Chip sticking head round the door.

"We're off now mate, Simon said he's gonna stay a little longer though." He said.

"Umm, yeah okay, see you later," Harry replied, lacking any enthusiasm.
After a weird look, Chip left, only to be replaced with Cal.
"Umm, Maddy's at the door for you..." He said awkwardly, knowing that he had interrupted our conversation.

Harry groaned, "I'll be back in a minute." he said and walked off.

I leant back in his chair.
Why did this happen? Why to me? Why does everything bad happen to me?

~

I walked out of Harry's bedroom, slightly pissed.
"I'll be back in a minute! Bullshit!" I mimicked, folding my arms over my chest.

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw Harry and Maddy sat either sides of the table, smiling at each other gently, talking quietly.

"Hi Alex, how are you?" Maddy asked, unaware that she stopped an important conversation.

"Great. You could ask Harry, but he probably won't know." Tears brimmed my eyes, as I continued to have a go at him. "He doesn't seem to care about me, clearly! Trying to have a conversation about life and sort something out obviously isN'T AS IMPORTANT TO HIM AS IT SHOULD BE!" I hiccuped, stopping me from saying anything else as I choked back a sob.

I ran to my bedroom, shut the door, and shoved my chair under the handle. I slid down the wall and let my tears fall.

I couldn't believe he'd do that. He seemed so set on trying to sort that argument out but he completely forgot about me for his girlfriend.

After a while of sad thoughts and contemplating life decisions, I decided I wasn't going to be like this. I stood up, wiped my eyes, and grabbed the bag Tobi had left on my bed. I emptied it of yesterday's contents, and refilled it with some new stuff.

"Alex? Is everything ok? I heard you shout at Harry?" I heard Cal mumble from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine, I guess." I called out.

"Come to the living room when you're ready. Talk to us." he said slowly, and his footsteps guided him away.

I threw my white converse on and removed the chair that I had used to block the door. Finally, I grabbed my phone and strode out of the room.

I walked quickly past Harry and Maddy, trying not to make eye contact.

"Alex, what are-" he began.
"Don't talk to me." I said and left him stood there, gawping at me in shock. I rarely got angry with people.

I walked up to Cal, Simon and Callum in the living room and sat down on the edge of the sofa.

"Where are you adventuring today?" Simon asked with a lopsided grin.

"I can't stay here tonight. I just- I need a break from Harry to calm down. I don't really want to talk to him." I said pathetically.
"Why, what did he do?" He asked.

"Ditched me for his girlfriend. He was trying to sort our argument out, then just left me." Tears rushed to my eyes and I forcefully tried to blink them away.

I know it seemed like I was being over-dramatic, but when I get pissed, the only way I really get over it is to not talk to the person for a while.

"I was wondering... like I don't want to be a pain. I can ask Ethan or Tobi to stay if it's a problem! I don't want to be a-"

"What do you want Alex?" Simon chuckled, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"Can I just stay at yours for a while? Just for one more day, to take a break?" I asked quietly, going bright red at the realisation that I was rambling.

"That's fine, not a problem!" He smiled at me.
"Are you sure, like I don't want to be annoying or in the way?"
"It's fine! I promise!" He laughed and stood up.

"Might as well go back now then, see ya lads!" He added and waved.
I copied and left the room, having to walk through the kitchen again.

"Alex what are you doing? Why won't you talk to me?" I ignored him and walked out.
"Listen man, just leave her be, you know she gets upset at conflict, yeah? She'll talk soon, I promise." Simon said, and followed me out of the room.

We arrived back at the sidemen house at 14:23.

"I'm hungry." I stated quietly, earning a chuckle from Josh as we walked into the kitchen.
"Wanna order a pizza?" He asked, knowing the answer.