Chapter 17

Simon's POV:

I tried to get Alex to focus on me rather than the plane. I needed to do something to distract her.

"I can't do it! I can't do this. Simon I'm gonna die!" She cried. Tobi had turned around, and was talking to JJ and Ethan behind him. I guessed he believed I could handle this.

I still held on to her hand, and was trying to talk sense into her.
"You're going to be fine. Nothing will happen. We'll be on the ground again soon." I said calmly.

I looked around, trying to think of something to distract Alex from the flight. I pulled her into my chest, letting her cry; maybe if she let it out, she might calm down.

She sobbed quietly into my shirt, and I wrapped my arms around her thin figure. She sat up slightly, not crying as such anymore, only allowing an odd tear to escape every so often.

She was shaking like a leaf, and honestly, I was scared for her. I couldn't think of anything to take her mind off it. I looked Alex in the eyes, and she looked back.

Something about the way she held my gaze intimidated me. I knew there was something else between us. I knew that I felt differently around her lately, yet I think I always had an idea.

I looked at all the boys, to see them deep in conversation; no one was looking at us. I looked back at Alex, to see her eyes squeezed shut in fear. I rested my hand on the back of her neck, and pulled her close.
Our faces were inches apart, I could feel her hot breath on my face.

I leant in, pressing my lips softly to hers. With only a slight hesitation, I felt her kiss back and I couldn't help the smile that crept over my face.

Alex's POV:

His lips moved gently, filling me with a sense of pure joy. He finally pulled away, and smiled slightly.

Feeling my face burn bright red, I covered my face with my hands.
"I told you that you'd be fine." He said quietly, his face pink with embarrassment.

"Wh-why did you do that?" I asked, staring at the seat-table in front of me.
"Because, I um, tried to distract you. Yeah that. It worked though. Ta-da. Ha. Ha." He stuttered, face now flushed with a dark crimson.

We both sat there, blushing and grinning stupidly. Cuddling up to his chest, I closed my eyes, trying to suppress my nerves rising once again.

~

"Alex? Alex!" Tobi hissed from beside me.
"Yeah hi what?" I jumped up, hitting my head on Simon's chin, jolting him awake.

"We landed. You can get off the plane now!" He said happily.
I looked up at Simon and blushed furiously, busying myself with my bag.

"Thank god. Get me off this fucking-

"Why are you two so red?" Ethan inquired, leaning over the back of my seat.
"Nothing!" We both shouted, earning us some suspicious glances.

~

We arrived back to the sidemen house in two groups. Me, Tobi, JJ, and Harry took a taxi, and Ethan, Simon, Josh and Vik took another.

I walked into the living room to see Ethan and Simon already indulged in a game of Fifa.
"For God's sake, is that the first thing you did when you got in?" I asked, chuckling lightly behind them.
"Yep. Wait! Wait! Ronaldoooo!" Simon yelled, and laughed in Ethan's face.

"No! Ugh, you're such a cheat! I was going to speak to Alex!" Ethan groaned in defeat.
"Not my fault." Simon teased.

"Go put your shit away, the girls are coming over." Harry said sulkily to Simon and Ethan as he walked into the room.
"Haz, you alright?" I asked with a small sigh, curling into his side on the sofa.

"Yeah. Don't wanna talk about it." He mumbled, burying his face in my hair.
"The girls? Why?" Ethan put his controller down and turned to face us. Harry shrugged and looked down at his hands.

"Come on, come with me!" I ordered bossily, grabbing both boys hands and dragging them behind me into the kitchen, leaving Simon behind.

"Sit." I pushed them towards the stools by the island. "Talk." Neither of them spoke, awkwardly looking between each other and the door. I sat down opposite them and pushed their chins up, forcing them to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently with a sympathetic smile.
"Me and Maddy broke up. And Ethan and Hannah." Harry huffed grumpily, resting his chin in his hand.

"Why?" I exclaimed, surprised.
"They started making up a load of shit about you." He said, only anger evident in his tone.

"Basically, Maddy got all jealous that Harry was trying to spend time with you, so she started telling Hannah how she felt. Hannah started making horrible jokes and saying mean things about you. I overheard them talking and confronted them, but they just got mad and said that you were stealing us all away from them and that you were a bitch." Ethan explained all in one breath, eager to get the anger out of his system.

"I wasn't having it. We all started arguing, until I just broke up with Maddy, right there and then. Ethan broke up with Hannah later on that day." Harry finished off the story with a sharp tone.

"Hey hey hey, calm down. Breathe." I took his hand. "Thank you for picking me over them though. Especially now." I said, smiling at him gratefully as he squeezed my hand.

"Anytime, any day!" They chorused, and I hugged them both.
"You guys are amazing, honest, handsome guys. If they can't see that you loved them, then they are stupid little dickfaces!" I said, and we laughed lightly.

"Thank you," Ethan said with a small grin. "Anyway, enough about us, when are you gonna finally get a bae?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed at his choice of words, but shrugged my shoulders, getting up to grab a glass from the cupboard.
"Not for a long while I suspect. I don't know, I'm just not really in the right state of mind right now you know?" I said, filling the glass with water.

"I know, but surely there's a guy you like or something?" He asked, desperate for me to get my first boyfriend. All the boys have always liked the idea of me getting into a relationship someday, even Harry. I shook my head.

"Nah, no one's caught my eye." I chuckled, trying to stop myself from flushing crimson. I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with the girls a while back; the way they had said me and Simon should date, how we were cute, and how we act like we already are sometimes.