Chapter 22

Simon's POV:

The girls span around quickly to see us.
"You never heard a thing!" Alex demanded, as if now she was bothered that people might have heard her.

"Why? You girls were amazing! That was quite a performance, especially for a person who doesn't like being centre of attention or who apparently can't sing," Tobi argued, making Alex blush profusely as he poke her side playfully.

"Well... It might be a bit too late." I said, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "I may or may not have already posted the video I took to Twitter. Oops." I added, trying not to make eye contact with Alex.

"You what?" Alex hissed, obviously a little annoyed that it'd been shared. I walked over and took her hands. I noticed Harry smile out of the corner of my eye, making me smile too.

I bent down to her level and looked into her pearly brown eyes.
"You were great. People already love the video. Stop worrying!" I said proudly and drew her into a hug. Looking over her shoulder, I noticed Harry winked at me. I looked at the floor and whispered, "You were- are perfect, alright? Other people's opinions don't matter," so only Alex could hear me.

Or so I thought. As soon as I closed my mouth, I heard the others, especially the girls, squealing about how cute we were. I hid my face into Alex's shoulder with a sigh until they stopped.

Everyone was surrounding us in a circle, Agus now standing in front of Cal, his hands wrapped securely around her waist, and Sarah stood next to Callum as they held hands.

"Come on guys. We have to go finish that thing that we were doing. You know? That thing!" I spoke, lifting my head up. Cal and Callum both kissed their girlfriends goodbye, whilst I had to settle on hugging Alex again.

As much as I hated to admit, I knew I liked Alex, a lot, and I strongly disliked hiding my feelings for her. The boys practically dragged me away from Alex's side as I had completely zoned out.

"Dude! You are so in!" JJ said, smirking at me.
"In what?" I asked, oblivious since I was still spaced out from conversations.
"Alex so likes you! Did you see how happy she was when you said that? Bro, her eyes lit the fuck up. Please just ask her out already!" Josh said, grinning.

"Fuck sake guys. Leave the boy alone! Also Josh, stop being a sap," Harry defended me with a laugh. "We have to buy the rest of the stuff and get back to sort the flat out before Alex gets bored and wants to come home!"

We split up into two groups so we could buy the new things twice as fast. JJ, Tobi, Josh and Ethan and I went to Ikea, whilst Vik, Harry, Cal and Callum went to the nearest homeware store to pick up paint.

Alex's POV:

It had been four hours since our encounter with the boys, and everyone seemed to be acting weird. I could already tell that there was something I was missing from the way nobody needed to specify what they were talking about well, but the others still knew what was meant.

"Can we go now? You've been in literally every shop in this fucking place. My feet hurt. I want to go hooommee!" I whined loudly, shaking Sarah's arm.

"Al, I bought you your new boots, stop complaining," She said, chuckling at my childlike behaviour.

"You paid half because I didn't have all the cash on me, which I'm going to pay you back for anyway." I argued grumpily. "You know what? If you guys still want to look around, fine, but I'm bored and tired, I'm going home." I said, and began to walk towards the nearest exit, slightly pissed off that they wouldn't even drive me home.

Agus's phone suddenly pinged, and she grinned.
"Ok fine, lets go back to the flat. I want to see what they did!" She said, directing the second part at Sarah.

"What do you mean? What am I missing?" I cried frustratedly.
"You'll find out soon!" They both replied happily, linking arms with me, and pulling me out to the car.

~

When we got back to the apartment block, I practically sprinted down the corridor to the flat. I was about to reach the door when the girls caught up to me.

"Wait up! Let me get this on film too!" Agus called out to me, only furthering my confusion. All I wanted was to get inside and sit down. I took my shoes off at the same time as stumbling through the door, groaning a sigh of relief. Everyone stood before me, Harry and Simon had cameras in their hand, and Agus with her phone behind me. Everyone was grinning madly at me.

"Oh get out of my way peasants. I just want to go to bed." I pushed passed Josh and Jide lightly, opening the door and walking in. I threw my shoes on the floor and turned to close the door.

"Wait a fucking minute..."

I slowly spun back around, finally noticing the completely new room, something I have only dreamed of since I was little. I froze and looked over at Harry.

"You guys... Did this? For me?" I whispered, clapping a hand over my mouth in shock. They all smiled and nodded, and I could feel myself on the verge of tears.

A new double bed had been placed near one corner of the room, grey and pink pillows and blankets spilling onto it. Small dusty-rose coloured bedside tables stood at either side, adorned with a few of my photo frames and the little succulent I owned.

The walls were painted white with small grey circles scattered about. Above the headboard, in stunning gold cursive were the words 'hello gorgeous' to which I giggled.

In the opposite corner stood a grand white bookshelf, all of my books and sketchbooks packed onto the shelves, colour coordinated just the way I liked them. On one shelf, black pots had been arranged along it, filled with all of my many pens, pencils or paintbrushes. More of my random miscellaneous items were placed on the shelves, mixing in with the array of coloured paint tubes. My white wardrobe stood next to it, tying in nicely with the bookshelf. Fairy lights were strung across the ceiling, appearing like tiny stars above my head.

Last but not least, my laptop was sat open on a brand new desk in the corner opposite the door, with a white and black gaming chair. Next to the laptop were two monitors, and under the desk was a PS4 and my Xbox One. The thing that finally caused me to burst into tears was that the background on my laptop and new monitors had been changed to a silly group photo of all of us, the day I had arrived.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I love it!" I whispered.

A/N:
So, the room has been done, but I wanted to add some cute shit in the middle. I basically copied the photo in the media but changed a few bits.