Chapter 13

Josh, Simon, Vik, JJ and I sat in the living room with our pizza's in our laps, arguing over a film to put on.

"Why not Harry Potter?" Simon asked.
"No! I watched that the other day!" I said.
"Fine, what film do you want to watch then?" Vik asked, turning to me.
"Finding Nemo!" I said, earning a groan from all four of them.

"You always pick the weird ones, don't you? Why can't you pick a normal film like Taken or Fast & Furious?" JJ moaned, as I inserted the disc into the tv.

"Normal's boring," I stated, earning an impressed glance from Josh. "And it's a happy film. I only want to think happy thoughts right now." I added quietly, fiddling with my hands in my lap. Jide squeezed my shoulder supportively.

~

5 pizza boxes, 6 Disney films, and 12 hours later, I finally gave up trying to stay awake.
"You tired?" Simon chuckled as I yawned.

"Um nooo," I dragged on, yawning again, being it around 2am.
"Go to bed Alex." Vik said.
"You go to bed Vik." I said, pointing at him tiredly.
"No!"
"Yes!"
"Why?"
"Because I said so!" I smiled, but yawned again.

"I'll go if you go," he bargained.
"Both go to bed, you both need a good nights sleep anyway. And Alex acts drunk when she's tired. " Josh butted in, dragging me off the sofa by my feet.

"Yeah you've both had a long couple of days!" JJ told us.
"Mmmkay, I'll see you in the morning." I said, pulling Vik up by his wrists.

~

I walked out of the bathroom, and down the hall to the spare bedroom. I changed into my pyjamas and climbed into bed, the covers engulfing me in a warm cocoon of fabric.

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. These last few days had been stressful, all the moving and the surprises.

I just wanted to sort things out with Harry, so we can get back to our usual selves. I guess, even though we were having a bit of a disagreement, I was happy to be back with him.

"Right!" I whispered to myself. "Tomorrow, you will talk to Harry, you will not get emotional or angry, you will sort this out!" I said quietly, nodding.

I yawned again, and drifted off into slumber.

~

"ITS THE MORNING WAKE UP!" JJ shouted and he sat down on my stomach.
Groaning loudly, I opened my eyes and tried to shove him off. Looking up, I saw Vik and Josh with cameras and Simon behind them, bent over double laughing.

"GET OFF JJ FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY!" I yelled, yet he refused to move.
"Nope." He said with a smug grin.

I looked over and caught Simons eye, and motioned for him to run into JJ.
"Tell Josh, run into him," I mouthed, pointing to Josh then JJ. He nodded and walked over to Josh. After whispering in his ear, he grinned at me and winked.

"Umm JJ, so how long are you gonna do that?" Josh said, trying to make JJ focus on the camera while Simon walked behind him.

Vik was trying not to laugh; I think he guessed what was happening.

"Gonna sit here, for fifty two years and do nothing!" JJ said, clearly pleased with himself.

"NOT FOR LONG!" Simon yelled, and ran into JJ, forcing him to roll off my stomach and onto the floor. The aftermath resulted in JJ lying on the floor screaming, Josh laughing at him, Vik filming, and Simon lying over my legs, with his hands behind his head.

~

"Where are you going?" Vik asked, watching me as I tied my shoelaces.

"I'm going to sort this out!" I replied and walked out of the house. It took me a long time, and a confusing phone call with Vik to find my way back home, but eventually I made it.

I quietly walked through the flat, looking for any sign of life. I eventually found Cal and Agus curled up on the sofa watching tv in the living room.

"Hey." I said and swung my legs over the back of the sofa and sat down next to Cal.
"Hey, what's up?" Agus asked with a smile.
"Not much, how are you?" I replied.

We made simple conversation until I finally brought up Harry.
"Do you know where he is?" I asked Cal, wanting to get this over and done with.

"He should be in his room, but he might be recording, so try to be quiet just in case." he said.
I nodded and got up from the sofa, "thanks."

I turned back to look at the pair.
"Cute." I added with a small smile, and wandered towards my room.

I dumped my bag on the floor next to the bed, threw my shoes against the wall, and looked around. This room really needed to be redone. I'll talk to Harry about going to Ikea or something soon. Sighing, I looked into the mirror.

Why am I so pathetic? Why did I make this such a big deal?

I finally walked out of my room, and towards Harry's door. I knocked and walked in slowly.

"Harry?" I asked.
"Oh hey Alex!" He replied quite chirpy, looking away from his camera. You could see the bags under his eyes and how limp his body looked, but he tried to hide it.

"Are you recording, I can come back in a bit?" I asked, afraid I had interrupted him.
"It's fine, come join me for the last few packs?" He asked getting up from his seat.
"Umm sure?" I said looking around his room awkwardly.

"It's fine I'll cut this bit out." He said walking over to me and taking my hands.
"I'm so so sorry." He added, drawing me in for a hug.

"I should never have left to talk to Maddy! I should have tried to talk to you when we found out, and not have a go at you instead. I'm sorry for everything I said and did. I'm a horrible brother but I hope you can forgive me!" He said, holding me by the shoulders, tears forming in his eyes.

I placed my hands on his hands and smiled, not bothering to stop myself from crying.
"You're not a horrible brother! This is my fault, I shouldn't have made it such a big deal; we have to stick together right now! I love you so much, I'm so sorry!" I said, hugging him again.

"Stop crying, let's open some packs." He said, wiping my eyes, and pulling me to his spare chair.

"SO GUYS! I'm here with my sister Alex to open the last few packs! You better get me something good!" He yelled at the camera, again putting on the happy act.

I just looked at him and smiled. I could see right through him, but it made me happy that he cared so much about his videos and tried not to show how upset he was.