Chapter 26 - Everyone's Happy

"You enjoyed it?" I asked curiously, fiddling with the cuff of my sleeves awkwardly.

Simon slowly looked up from the ground and met my gaze.
"I did. How did you feel?" He said, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Umm. It wasn't bad." I said, slightly smiling. His eyes lit up at my statement and he stared into my eyes until I looked away. I tore my eyes from his and gazed at the others.

Obviously not realising I could see him, I noticed Vik stood on his tiptoes behind Ethan. His phone was over Ethan's shoulder and the camera was directed at me and Simon.

I decided to ignore it; I knew he'd just carry on recording. I looked back at Simon, only to see him staring at my hands.

"Simon... Just fucking do it." Harry interjected, making Simon look up at him and nod slowly.

"For gods sake Alex! I can't say nothing anymore. I like you. I really really really like you! I've liked you for ages and I only realised when you came to live here. I never thought I could have feelings the way I do for you, but I have them, and they're tearing me apart inside out. I like you so much and I don't know what to do! I know you don't like me back but I'm fed up of keeping it a secret!" He sighed heavily after his outburst and linked his hands together in front of him.

I knew I wasn't making this any easier for him, but I asked the question anyway; "but why? I'm nothing like the average, stereotypical girl that guys want to date, so why do you like me Simon?"

"Why?! You're funny. You're kind. You're helpful. You're god damn beautiful! I like you because you're you. You don't try and be like the rest; you know you're different to them and you embrace it. I like you because you are perfect just the way I know you!" He said, staring deep into my eyes, as if he was trying to see what I was thinking.

I didn't say anything; I just looked at the floor, trying to avoid his gaze. I heard Tobi and Harry whisper about something nervously.

"Right... I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward or-" Simon started. I stepped forward and pressed my lips against his, kissing him softly as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his arms snake their way around my waist, pulling me close as he happily kissed back.

I finally pulled away and dropped my arms from his neck, taking one of his hands instead, blushing furiously.

"I guess I like you too." I said quietly and looked up at him. He smiled and hugged me quickly.

The other sidemen began screaming and running in circles around us as Vik stopped the recording and smiled at his phone.

My phone pinged in my pocket, as did Simon's, so we pulled them out and looked at them. We had both received a message from Vik reading: 'show this to your kids when you get married. It's cute ☺️' and the video was attached.

I giggled at the message and pulled Vik in for a hug.
"You're cute!" I said and stepped back. "GUYS! Calm down! Let's go on some more rides!" I yelled and ran off in the direction of Thirteen.

Simon's POV:

I'm proud of myself for finally telling her, and I'm very happy that she said she liked me back. But this didn't change anything. She was still my best friend, nothing more.

I was overjoyed when she kissed me, but that was just a one time thing. I wish I could hold her close and kiss her everyday, whenever I wanted to. Anytime from when I wake up, to when I went to sleep at night. But I can't.

I watched her as she ran off, grinning and dragging Jide and Tobi by their wrists. She looked so happy. She was even more beautiful when she happy. Everyone was happy, and I loved it. I loved her. I slowly began to follow the group as they trailed after Alex.

"What's up bud? You look depressed." Harry questioned from beside me.
"Nothing I'm good. Just thinking again."
"Talk to me!" He said gently, obviously not wanting to drop the subject.

"Well she just admitted she liked me back, but now she's acting like nothing happened. I don't know man." I said quietly, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"Give her time. Talk to her later. She just doesn't want to make the day awkward by talking about it now." He said with a smile, patting me on the back in reassurance.
"Got it." I smiled, perking up a bit.

~

"Come on guys! Let's gooooo!" Alex called out to us as we got to the front of the queue.

Ethan and Jide climbed in, Vik and Josh in front on them, Tobi pulled Harry into the one in front, leaving me with Alex.

I gave Harry a nervous look, only earning a wink and a nod back. You got this, He mouthed.

"Ladies first." I said, gesturing for Alex to climb in before me. I sat down next to her and pulled the bar down.

"I'm excited!" She said joyfully beside me, grinning madly. "Kinda nervous though," she added.

"You'll be fine. Remember, I'm here if you need a squeeze. Or just someone to scream with!" I laughed, whilst Alex hid her face behind her fingers.

Alex's POV:

I wasn't blushing. I was just hot. The ride began to edge forward, and I grabbed onto the bar tightly.

"Oh god no. Bad decision!" I said nervously, half laughing.
"Don't worry!" Simon laughed again, but grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

~

We finally began our journey home after a long day of rides and food (which isn't the best idea before getting on Rita. Vik threw up).

We sat in the cars the same way as this morning, simply to avoid arguments about who rides with who. I leant into Simon's side and he wrapped his long, slender arm around my shoulders.
"Good day?" He asked me.
"The best!" I said and smiled to myself.

A/N:
Finally some stuff is actually happening in the book.
Quick note, I have a new One Shots book out in collaboration with Supersidemen and if you'd like to request a one shot just DM me or comment on the book. Check it out ;)